19. MOST DANGEROUS

When I returned to the throne room I couldn't look at Corson.

He sold my soul so that he could sleep with some other woman.

My soul was crushed as I took my seat back on Caron's throne. Corson turned to say something to me when a demon with large horns walked up in front of the kings and I.

"Queen Proserpina," the demon called to me "Lord Vale--," the demon never got to finish his words before a arrows skewered his body.

I didn't even flinch.
What's wrong with me? I can't feel anything.

"Corson, what you owed has been taken." Vine announced as Corson looked at me with wide scarlet eyes.

"No," my demon growled loudly as he kneeled down before me "Proserpina, please. Vine I beg you---,"

"I warned you that the angel wasn't for you, Corson. You wouldn't listen. Now you've lost your only bride."

That's it?? Please, I cried to no one in particular, please don't let it end like this.

Right when I finally found some sort of a future it was ripped away from me in a matter of seconds.

As soon as I thought that it was like 1,000 pounds was released off of me.

I screamed in front of the entire room once Vine released his control on me. My heart pounded as I fought to regain my senses.

"He thanks you, Proserpina."

Was all Vine said as I watched my reflection in the nearby glass.

My eyes turned black.

I'm an abomination. I'm another pawn.

Possessed.
The most dangerous piece on the board.