Drip. Drop.

It was raining hard outside, there was thunder and lightning;it made the mansion give off a creepier vibe than usual but none the less I found it beautiful. I didn't have many plans for the day except maybe reading in the rose garden and tacking a nap in the living with Shuu, but of course plans are never actually followed according to plan mostly in the Sakamaki household.

As I walked outside to see where I could lay down to read in the rain without getting my book wet I noticed someone was already out in the rose garden. I didn't mind since if I stayed quiet they probably wouldn't even notice me. When I found a nice spot to read I sat down and opened up the book Reiji let me borrow. After only a few minutes whoever was in the rose garden with me noticed I was there with them.

"What are you doing here, (Y/N)?" Subaru asked. I read the last paragraph in the chapter I was currently reading and then looked up at him. "Well, I was reading out here I the rose garden" I answered him. He didn't seem satisfied with my answer but just gave a simple "tch" and rolled his red eyes at me.

I continued reading my book when he sat down next to me. I raised my eyebrow at him but continued reading. He sighed as if he was bored or maybe even tired, I didn't know. We stayed in silence for a while until he broke it. "(Y/N)? he asked but I just hummed in response "am I filthy and a waste of space to you?" he asked me. His question surprised me a bit, you see I've been here at the Sakamaki Mansion for a while and I have learned about a bit of every brothers past. None of them have said it directly to me but I have done my own research and so far Subaru's past is more clear than the others.

I close my book before answering his question "Of course I don't think of you as a waste of space nor do I see you as filthy, why?". He sighs "It was just out of curiosity nothing else". We fall into silence again, admiring the beauty of the rain before I ask him the same question. "Do you think I'm filthy? Or a waste of space?". I can tell he was taken aback by the question; he takes a while to answer.

"Being completely honest I don't think you're too pure to be called either of those things." I smile at his response and lean onto his shoulder. I take a deep breath of the air around me, I feel calm in this weather. I then ask Subaru another question "Subaru, do you like the rain?" he only nods his head "why?" I ask. He hesitates to answer "Well...I feel like I'm being cleansed and I feel all my anger being washed away". I smile and close my eyes; I feel calm and happy its a nice feeling.

I feel Subaru get up so I open my eyes to see him with his hand out for me to take. I look up at him. "Dance with me and pretend the world doesn't exist" he pleaded. I knew Subaru was more gentle than most of the bothers and I loved that about him. I took his hand and got up with him I knew that after this there was no going back.

We swayed in the rain, side to side. He moved the hair away from my neck and moved my shirt exposing my skin. He leaned down and sunk his fangs into my bare skin, sucking the blood out of me. When I started to feel light headed he stopped but then did the unexpected. He grabbed my chin and tilted my head up and slowly closed the space between us kissing me. I was surprised at firs but closed my eyes and kissed back, I could taste the blood on his lips.

When oxygen was needed we pulled apart. A light blush spread upon my face and a smirk on his. "We should hang out in the rain more often (Y/N)". I nodded and smiled I went to pick up my book and he followed. He then picked a white rose and handed it to me "Here its pure white like you".

-Bella