01- Carter Vanroy

A/N Funny story, I actually had an idea of these two about three years before I even thought of Carmen and Osmond and even a bit before Adrian and Ezra. These characters were given their names when I was still just a kid who wanted to spend all her time writing but didn't know how to start. But now I do. I hope I give it justice.

Jordan was silent as Carter's slowly pushed his hand through his dark hair, ruffling it with his fingers, trying to get the others attention, though Jordan seemed adamant to not give it to him. All Carter wanted to do was talk to his best friend, but Jordan seemed to be sick of talking.

But that didn't mean he didn't need to.

"Jesus fuck, babe," Jordan groaned, hitting Carter's hand away in response to the harsh tug the other had delivered to his hair.

"You don't like that? I was told you were kinky," Carter joked and Jordan sat up, swinging his legs over the couch and turning so he was sitting like a normal person.

"Not that kind of kinky," Jordan grumbled, running a hand through his hair and Carter causally threw an arm over Jordan's shoulders before leaning over and gently biting the other's neck. A low noise left Jordan and he shifted in his seat.

"That kind of kinky?" Carter asked, and Jordan just dropped his head back against the back of the couch, staring at the ceiling. Normally Jordan would laugh at this action, and the fact that he didn't worried Carter more. "I miss my best friend".

"I'm right here," Jordan said, raising his hands and pointing at himself. "See. Right here".

Carter rolled his eyes, lifting his arm over Jordan's head so he could lean forward without straining his shoulder. That was an important part of the body, especially when you played volleyball.

"You're there, but you're not there," Carter said, sighing loudly. "You know, I think Carmen Huego is a good guy, but I hate him if this is what he's done to you". Jordan's green eyes shifted to Carmen's blue ones, and he looked rather annoyed with the other.

"Carmen didn't do anything to me".

"Carmen broke your pride by rejecting you and turned you into a sad sack," Carter reminded and Jordan rolled his eyes so hard that Carter wouldn't be surprised if he got a migraine.

"He did no-"

"You quit your job, you stopped being fun, you stopped going to parties, you stopped caring about things, it feels like you stopped caring about me, and you-"

"I could never stop caring about you, baby," Jordan said lovingly, reaching over and placing his hand on Carter's knee, which Carter slapped away quickly.

"Don't patronize me," Carter warned and Jordan actually looked vaguely amused. "You stopped talking to me Jordan". Carter didn't bother to fight the exacerbation in his voice, and Jordan dropped his eyes as if ashamed. "And that's the worst thing you could have done in this situation".

"I could have killed you," Jordan offered, though his voice lacked humor and Carter shook his head.

"You're not the same".

"Fine," Jordan laid back down across the couch, though this time his legs were thrown over Carter's lap and his head met the arm rest. "Would you like me to talk about my feelings?" Carter nodded eagerly. "I'm sad. That's what I am". Carter raised his eyebrows at the nonchalant way Jordan spoke about this. "Why are you making that face?"

"Because that's stupid. You weren't even that into Carmen anyway. You're just sad because someone actually said no to the famous Jordan Sullivan for once," Carter claimed and Jordan clicked his tongue.