02- Carter Vanroy

"I don't even like parties that much and I'm going," Carter argued, looking up at his best friend. Just moments before he had been playing video games and sitting alongside of Jordan, but since then he had thrown himself across the couch and placed his head in Jordan's lap before inviting him once again to the party.

"That's because you're thinking with your dick," Jordan claimed, pounding his fingers into the controller and Carter frowned.

"No I'm not". Jordan paused the game to give him a pointed look. "If anything I'm thinking with my heart". Jordan snorted loudly and continued to play, turning back to the screen and rolling his green eyes. "What?"

"Bullshit," Jordan called and Carter raised his eyebrows and sat up, huffing in annoyance. "You don't really have feelings for Caroline".

Carter scoffed. "Yes I do. I have since forever".

"You barely know her. Any feelings you have about her a based solely on her looks, and that means that you're not thinking with the right head". Carter furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why are you saying this to me?" Carter asked, sitting up off of Jordan quickly and leaning forward. He stared at the television screen for a long moment before looking over his shoulder to Jordan, who suddenly threw his game controller onto the floor and swore. "Why are you being mean?"

"I'm not being mean," Jordan said, looking at him. They maintained eye contact for a long time before Jordan sighed and reached out to slide his arms around Carter's waist, drawing him closer once more and dropping us head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, I just really don't want to go".

"I just want you to get out and do something, Jordan. We can't spend all of our time at your house playing video games," Carter said, shivering as his best friend nuzzled further into the space where his neck and shoulder met.

"We?" Jordan asked.

"What?"

"You said that we can't? Why not just me?"

Carter snorted at his best friends stupidity. "Even if you do decide to just stay in, I'm not going to let you do it alone".

"So if I don't go to the party, you won't go to the party?" Jordan asked against his skin and Carter pursed his lips before sighing loudly.

"I guess so," he said, not bothering to hide his disappointment, and Jordan's body shook with silent laughter.

"For your sake, I'll honestly think about it," Jordan promised and Carter smiled, relaxing into his best friend's arms as he retrieved the discarded controller from where it had begun to wedge itself between the couch cushions.

They were playing a game in which the objective was to rescue as many civilians as possible from the 'bad guys' whose goal was to capture said civilians. Neither Carter nor Jordan were particularly skilled at this game, or any game for that matter, and typically spent the time running around shooting everything, good or bad, until they themselves got killed.

He played by himself for what must have been three minutes, focusing on the screen as Jordan tried to distract him with playful bites to the neck and squeezes around his waist. Eventually the younger of the two got sick of teasing and straight out addressed his friend.

"Hey Cart, you want to go get dinner? On me?" Jordan asked, his voice very soft. Absently he began to trace his fingers up a vein under the skin of Carter's forearm, drawing it up to the crease at the inside of his elbow and then back down once again to the base of his palm. Carter snorted, turning off the gaming console with his controller and then throwing the thing onto the couch.