Chapter 7

Phoenix's P.O.V

I let go of my final arrow and managed to split my father's arrow a t technique i was working on for the passed few weeks. " oh my gosh I did it...I won...Yes In your face " I said happily doing a victory dance as my father watched amusingly laughing a bit. " Fair play...by the way how long have you been practicing that" he asked as i shrugged " i don't know a few weeks now and i finally perfected it " I said as me and my father took a seat on a log. " So how was school " he asked as i frowned " it was okay i'm in a class i shouldn't even be in " I said making him look at me in confusion. " what class " he asked as i looked off in the distance " Remedial Goodness 101" I said as he pulled me in a another hug " I know your misunderstood Phoenix but one day their words won't matter. Plus that's their opinion you know what the truth is so don't listen to the rumors " Father said as i smiled and he kissed my head.

Then he got up and turned to me " you coming " he said as i looked up and nodded getting up and went inside with him. " who won this time " my mother said smiling as i smiled back " I won" i said as father gave a smug grin " that's because she cheated " father said making me look at him in mock offense " no no no i won fair and square you just don't want to admit that i'm getting as good as you " I said as he smiled " your already as good as me " he said as i smiled and reached up and took his hat " maybe even better " I said teasingly and took off running with him chasing me. " phoenix where are you...i'm gonna find you " he said as i hid in my closet trying my best not to laugh. " found u " he said opening the closet revealing me laughing. I then started to run again but he caught me and started to tickle me.

I was a laughing mess " st...stop father...please...i'm very ticklish " I said out of breathe while mother leaned on the doorway laughing a bit. " Thank you " Father said taking his hat back and walking out of my room but before he did i threw a foam ball at him. " was that a smart idea " he said smiling as i laughed a bit " please no more tickling " i said curling up into a ball that didn't last long cause he started tickling me again. " oh no not...a...again " i said between laughs. I was pretty sure i was out of breathe. Soon enough he stopped tickling me and i was gasping for air from all the laughing and running " i love you mother and father " i said as they turned towards me and smiled " we love you too Phoenix " they said pulling me into a hug.

Carlos's P.O.V

Me,Mal,Evie,jay were in the kitchen making a love spell for Ben. " Dude are you okay you seem dazed " Jay said knocking me out of my thoughts " yeah i'm fine " I said but Jay smirked " no somethings defiantly up " he said as i looked away " no i'm perfectly fine " I said as Jay scoffed " okay whatever " he said going back to the task at hand. " it says we need one tear and i never cry " Mal said as i looked up " Why don't we just chop up some onions " I said as Mal looked at me " no we need a tear of sadness and this love potion gets the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly " Mal said as Jay looked confused " a tear's a tear " Jay said as Evie sprinkled a little sugar in the mix " that's not true Jay they both have antibodies and enzymes but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear " Evie said shocking us all

Jay looked at her and Mal mixed the sugar in the batter. "listen to you Mal said impressed " yeah i knew that " Jay said as i laughed " did not " i said barely hitting his arm " yeah i did " jay said defensively. That's when Lonnie came in and informed Mal that all the girls wanted her to do their hair. " Midnight snack huh whatcha guys making " Lonnie asked as Mal put her hand on the bowl " nothing special just cookies " Mal said blandly as Lonnie tasted which worried us " feel anything " Evie said as Mal nodded " yeah like it could be missing something " Mal said smiling a bit. Jay propped himself up on a near by pole " hey there " he said trying to sound seductive while Lonnie looked at the two girls " could use some chips " she said heading to the pantry. " and those are " Mal asked as Lonnie came back out holding a back of chocolate chips.

She held them in her hands and smiled " chocolate chips the most important food group " she said putting a few chocolate chips in the mix . Then she went to talk about certain moms bake cookies and puts everything into perspective. Something that we didn't have on the isle. After we each showed sad faces she began to cry a bit and that was the last ingredient we needed. Mal stirred the batter then but the cookie batter on a cookie sheet and popped them in the oven.