11

Finally, Cup let me walk, much to Boris' annoyance. I dragged my feet, purposely falling behind a bit. Mugs turned around to face me, concern written across his face. "Are you okay?" Mug asked.

     "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just," I said, pausing a moment to think of the right word. "I guess I'm just worried. Anything could happen, and I'd rather not slow my friends down." I said, twitching my tail.

     "Don't worry about that! It will be fine!" Mugs assured. I put a smile on my face, just for him, an began picking up my pace. We decided on a break, and I saw Bendy getting nervous, covering his mouth a little.

     "Hey guys, we'll be right back" I said, ushering Bendy in front of me. Boris quickly caught on and ran after us. Bendy began to stumble, so I picked him up and began carrying him. Ink was staining my shirt, but that was the least of my worried.

     "Farther" Bendy murmured.

     "Bendy, I can't. You need to sit down an let it all out." I said, setting Bendy down. He proceeded to try and crawl even further. I dragged Bendy back, and rubbed his back. Bendy was hunched over, his tears mixing with ink.

     "It hurts" Bendy whimpered.

     "I know, it will be over soon" I said, giving him an assuring pat.

     "Boris, when I die, I want you to keep looking for the pieces." Bendy said. Boris and I froze when he said that.

     "Don't say that, you're gonna be fine" Boris said, tears welling up at his eyes.

     "Boris! I need you to promise me!" Bendy shouted, pushing himself off the ground. By now, Boris was in tears, repeating the words, 'You're not gonna die', over and over again.

     "I-I'm sorry Boris, I didn't mean it" Bendy said, going to comfort his brother. I wish I could have that optimism. My time is running out, but I want to do the best I can to save everybody else.

     "(Y/n), are you okay?" Bendy asked. Every fiber of my being was shouting no, but I didn't want to concern anybody. "You look like you're having a war with yourself." Bendy said, reaching up to put his hand on m shoulder. By now, he had recovered from his attack.

     "I-I" I stammered. "I guess I look like that because I am having a war with myself" I said, letting out an awkward chuckle.

     "Do you wanna talk about it?" Bendy asked.

     "I-I think I should tell my brothers first. I'm not trying to be rude, I just think that it's important that they know." I said, holding back tears. I caught Boris making weird hand gestures out of the corner of my eye, and Bendy must have too, because we both turned around. Felix was peering around a rock, staring at us. My face paled a little, and I took a shaky step back.

     "It's okay, you don't need to hide anything. I already told Mr. Felix about the inkness." Boris said. Mr. Felix went to a very embarrassed Bendy, and began to say something. I didn't quite catch what he said because I had zoned out. I was jolted back to reality when Boris set his hand on my shoulder.

     "You didn't mention me, did you?" I whispered, glaring at Boris.

     "I was tempted to, but I knew you would probably hurt me if I did." Boris said.

     "I could never hurt you. I would probably just ignore you and anger you for a while." I said. "And maybe punch you or something." I murmured.

     "I heard that last part" Boris said, elbowing me.

     "I wasn't really trying to hide it or anything, so good for you. You can hear." I said, sarcasm evident in my voice. I noticed Felix carrying Bendy, and I rolled my eyes a little. Something was telling me that I shouldn't trust Felix, but I felt the same when I met Bendy and Boris. I guess that's a normal feeling with me. When we arrived at the clearing, I glanced at my brothers, and took a deep breath.

     "Cup, Mugs, we need to talk" I said, walking over to them. I led them away from the clearing, tears rolling down my cheeks.

     "Sis, are you okay?" Mugs asked.

     "I wish I could lie and say that I'm perfectly fine, but I can't" I said, looking Mugs in the eyes. Mugs and Cup looked both concerned and confused.

     "I'm not sure how I can sugar coat this, or if there's even a way to sugar coat it, so I'm going to say this flat out." I whimpered, holding back a sob. "I only have a few months left to live." I cried.

     "No, don't say that!" Cup said.

     "I'm not saying it like I'm estimating it! I went to the doctors because of this fever, and they told me that I'm not gonna survive for much longer. I have a few months, maybe less." I sobbed, unable to hold it back anymore.

     "Stay strong, we'll get the ink machine working before that happens" Mugs said. I weakly nodded my head, and my weak body fell limp in Cup's arms. Mugs was clinging to my arm, while Cup was holding me close to his chest. When we entered the clearing, Cup sat as far away from everyone, cradling me. Mugs set his head on my leg, his tears covering my pant leg. Felix, Bendy, and Boris saw us, holding each other close and crying. They probably were assuming the worst, but I guess death is the worst. Felix came over to check on us, but Cup pushed him away, and glared at him while he went to sit back down.

     "Stay strong (n/n), I refuse to lose you like this."