Chapter 18

I wrote this in one sitting after working the whole day. I'm exhausted physically and mentally so please don't judge. I really need to up my game because I entered in the wattys (which I most likely won't get) and I was offered to write my book on FicFun and if I win I'll get paid to write which will help my situation a lot. So please go make an account there and help me win. I'll really really appreciate that. A lot. I haven't posted yet because I'm still editing, but I will notify you guys when I do.

Grayson's POV

   I had to tell them today. I waited too long. Grace and Kevin need to know about their potential daughter. I was currently driving to their house with one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding Joclyn's warm hand. She had no clue what was going on. She had that cute confused face on her face when we parked in front of a two-story house. It wasn't extravagant at all, but that's what makes it homey. I opened my door and quickly jogged over to her side to open the door. I saw her cheeks turn red as she gripped my hand and stepped outside. I let her look around before we moved towards the house.

I rang the doorbell, waiting for an answer.

"Coming!" Grace's voice rang out. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jocly n's eyes slightly widen. I slightly smiled hoping that my doubt was true. It would help all three of them a lot. The door opened and Grace greeted me with a warm smile.

   "Hi Grace," I said smiling a little. She was always the aunt I never had.

   "Hey, sweetie. Do you need to talk to Kevin?" Before I could answer she called out his name and he appeared next to her. I felt Joclyn clutching the back of my shirt, completely hidden from their eyes.

   "What brings you here, son?" Kevin, in his deep voice, asked.

   "I actually have someone to show you," I said moving to the side to let them see each other. I slightly pushed her to be in level with me and saw as her eyes took in the couple. Grace and Kevin were in complete shock. Looking at my princess, I could see her mirroring their expression.

   "J-Joclyn?" Grace asked in complete disbelief. I slightly took a step back letting them have a moment alone.

Joclyn's POV

   I was so confused as to where we were. When I heard that voice, something went off inside of me. That voice sounded so familiar. It frustrated me that I couldn't place it. The door opened and I immediately stepped behind Grayson because I was scared to see who it was and I didn't want to intrude.

   "Hi Grace," Grayson said in his deep relaxing voice.

   "Hey, sweetie. Do you need to talk to Kevin?" I heard her call out his name and then some footsteps. I was really curious to see who it was, but I couldn't over Grayson's broad shoulder.

   "What brings you here, son?" Said a familiar deep voice.

   "I actually have someone to show you," Grayson said moving to the side and pushing me a little to be in line with him.

   Wait. Grace and Kevin. My parents' names.

   I looked up and was immediately shocked. After 13 years,  they haven't changed at all. They still looked so young. Their faces mirrored mine, full of utter shock.

   "Jo-Joclyn?" My mom asked. I smiled. I smiled so wide my face hurt. I hadn't realized Grayson had left or that I had tears running down my face.