Chapter 21

So if u didn't read my note, I didn't update because my chapter, that was 30 pages long, got deleted!!! And then my account started acting up and started doing some weird stuff. Hopefully, it's fixed now and we can go back on track. Also, guys, I'm well aware that this book is VERY cliche. This is my first book so I'm sorry if you don't like it, but you don't need to point it out over everything.

Reread the chapter before

Joclyn's POV

Gasping for breath, I was startled awake when a cold bucket of water was thrown on me. I rubbed my bleary eyes as I took in my surroundings. My hands went to the cold gravely floor when I noticed two silver shackles around my pale wrists. Hearing a maniacal laugh, I looked up to see him. My fingers whispered the ground as I tried to pull myself away from the monster, but my body didn't budge. It felt like lead was in my bones dragging me down.

"Aww aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" Jeffery mocked and clicked his tongue at me. I gulped down nausea that threatened to escape. His sinister smile widened as he saw the petrified look on my face.

"Oh, I missed this so much. You are just the perfect doll for me." I flinched at his psychotic tone. He had finally lost it.

"Poor little Joclyn. Thinking that her little boy toy would protect her from the darkness in the world. Well, news flash princess that's not how the world works," he spits out, putting emphasis on 'princess'. His disgust for me was clear on his face. I flinched back when he took a step closer thinking he would hit me.

    "Oh how badly I want to punish you, but I can't get dirty right now. I have somewhere to be." Then I noticed the black suit he adorned. Where was he going? I almost smiled when I heard he was going to leave.

Seeing the joy on my face he replied, "Oh, I'm not leaving you alone. My son Bradley would gladly watch over you. You've been so so bad lately." My eyes widened as Bradley's smirking face came into the light.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone," Jeffery snickered. He left slamming the door shut. Bradley chuckled under his breath when he saw my frightened face.

"It's ok. I won't hurt you that bad," he spits out, drawing his leg back to kick me. I wheezed as his boot-clad foot hit my ribs. My arms instinctively went to defend myself but were stopped due to the shackles. They bit into my skin drawing blood. I squirmed like a fish out of water to somehow defend myself.

"I forgot how stress relieving this was," Bradley cackled. He brought back his foot again and kicked me right in the face. Blood immediately started pouring out of my split lip and broken nose. His arm sneaked behind his back and he pulled out a silver blade. My eyes widened as did his smile. His arm reeled back to stab me right in the thigh. I screamed as blood immediately gushed out of the wound. He pulled back to stab me once more right under the previous one. My mouth opened in a silent scream as the pain was unbearable.

   Black dots appeared around my eyes as I coughed to regain my breath. They got bigger and bigger until I blacked out once again.

*

*

*

*

*

*

I woke up cold, hurt, and alone. Thankful for no one's presence, I slowly pulled myself to a sitting position wincing as my body ached. The dried blood on my face and neck dried, leaving a rough texture. I had to get out. I couldn't do this again.

Breathing deeply, I stood up almost screaming as pain coursed through my veins. The stab wounds reopened and blood started to drip again. Thinking quick, I pulled my dirty shirt off, thankful for my undershirt, and tied it around my bleeding leg. I had to think quickly and smartly. I didn't know where I was because Jeffery is smart enough to bring me somewhere Grayson doesn't know of. 

   Maybe Grayson isn't even looking for me. Maybe he's glad I left.

   My mood saddened as my thoughts plagued me. I knew I was a burden so why would he even try. I shook my head to clear these thoughts. I could not let Jeffery win again. I was happy and smiling. I finally knew what love felt like.

   I instantly stopped in my tracks. Love? I love Grayson. A smile crawled it's way to my cheeks. I love Grayson! I love his smile, his laugh, his beautiful eyes. Everything about him.

   I was suddenly determined to leave. I had to tell Grayson I loved him. I have to. And with that set in my heart, I planned my escape.

Grayson's POV

   I was livid. Absolutely livid. They took my Joclyn. My beautiful, precious Joclyn. She did nothing wrong.

   "Okay, I know you're mad, but you need to think with a calm head," Scott said, but I ignored him. I was going to kill Jeffery and his little band of idiots.

   "I'm going to kill them," I growled out. The only thing stopping me was that I didn't know where they are. I slumped down into my chair and fisted my hair. My poor baby. Who knows what they're doing to her. She's too innocent and precious for this world. She awakens emotions in me that I didn't know I had. She brought the good in me. I love her more than myself.

   I immediately stopped. Love? I love Joclyn. I love her smile, her giggles, her beautiful eyes. Everything about her. I would do anything to bring a smile to her face. I would even die for her. She is my everything. I needed to save my angel from the devils.

   I would do anything to get her back into my arms. Anything.

    So I'm alive... I'm so sorry guys. A lot of stuff is going on and I've been slacking on a lot of stuff. My muffin top proves it. 😂 I am so so thankful of all of the support I got and I'm going to tryyyy to update more. I kinda love this chapter because they finally realized they love each other!!!! Please stay with me guys.

Vote

Comment

Eat some tacossss

Follow

I love you guys so so much ❤️