Chapter 23

Welp I actually suck. I am so so sorry guys. Like there is no reason for me not to post in 2 months. But you guys are amazing. Y'all are sassy kween and I live for it. I love reading all of your comments 😂❤️.

Grayson POV

   My heart was beating out of my chest. The bland walls seemed to be closing in as I waited not so patiently for the doctor to come out and tell me that everything was going to be okay. How badly I wanted to hear that she's fine and happy. But that wouldn't be the truth. She was in there unconscious and it is all my fault. If I wasn't so stupid and careless she would be in my arms giggling with that beautiful smile and her adorable dimples showing.

   I should've sent gone with her or at least sent more guards, but I was foolish. Anger coursed through my veins as I thought of Jeffery. That disgusting and pathetic man was currently in our custody. As I was rushing to get Joclyn to a doctor, I had sent Damian and some other members to where he was and they got everyone. Right now they are rotting in the basement waiting for me to have my fun with them. When I'm finished, they would beg for death. Those monsters deserve no mercy.

   My leg bounced up and down as my shaking hands fisted my hair. Only one woman can make me a nervous wreck. And she was sitting on that hospital bed battling her life. Her wounds had gotten infected and it entered her bloodstream. I'm the biggest idiot. The doctors said the operation is difficult, but it can be done successfully. That isn't good enough. She shouldn't need an operation. She's a goddess and deserves to be treated as one.

After four grueling hours, the doctors came out with tired faces. I immediately shot out of my seat eager to meet my princess.

"What happened?" I asked, panic-laced in my voice. No one has ever seen me nervous or panicking.

"She has a broken right arm, a concussion, 6 stitches for the stab wounds, and severe bruising to the torso. The operation is a success and we got rid of any bacteria from the bloodstream. She is in a medically induced coma so her body can focus on healing," the doctor explained. My heart stopped at how much my princess had to go through. All I wanted to do now was to hold her and shower her with as much happiness and love she deserves.

"Can I meet her?" All I needed was the nod to push the doctors out of the way and rush into the room. There she was with a breathing mask and an IV attached to her. Her head was wrapped in a gauze and her arm in an orange cast. Her favorite color. She looked pale as ever with her cheeks sunken in. But she was alive. That was all that mattered. My feet whispered against the ground as I walked towards her as if any harsh movements would take her away from me.

Grasping her cold frail hand, I let out a quiet sob. I haven't cried in ages as my dad taught me to always stay strong for others, but I couldn't stop myself. I would do anything to take her place and to take all the pain away. Anything. Warm tears cascaded against my stubbled cheeks.

"I'm so sorry baby. You don't deserve this. Please come back to me. Please be okay. I miss you so much. I need you in my arms," I whispered as my voice cracked. My shoulders slumped and I laid my head against her bed, careful not to touch or shake her too much. My eyes closed on their own as I fell into a deep sleep.

*

*

*

*

*

*

  Day three of hell as she still didn't wake up. Everyone had come and visited her. Leaving gifts for her in the corner of the room. I barely left her side. It was when the nurses had to bathe her was when I was forced to leave. I would go home take a quick shower and come back. I had almost stopped eating if it wasn't for my friends and family who forced me to eat. The doctors said that she is improving a lot and that she will wake up soon.

   When we are alone, I would play her favorite songs and read books to her that she told me she loved. Six months with her had changed my life. She had me wrapped around her pinky without her even knowing. I prayed every night for her to come back. It was the first time I ever prayed in my life. I grasped her hand and was about to fall asleep like any other night when her heart monitor started beeping rapidly.

   Nurses rushed in almost immediately and I was escorted outside.

   "She's waking up. Please stay calm," a nurse reassured me because I was trying to get back inside. After 10 minutes of impatiently waiting, a doctor came outside, different from last time.

   "Mr. Reed, Joclyn is finally awake. We just had to run some small tests to see if everything is okay. Her memory and eyesight seem to be fine. Joclyn's new glasses are at the pharmacy and you can sign her out tomorrow night. We just want to keep her for one more day in case she shows signs of dizziness, fever, or anything like that. You can go inside and meet her," he explained. I was already through the door before he could finish.

   There she was looking like an angel. Her emerald greens eyes sparkled when they met mine. I can almost cry because of how much happiness I am feeling.

   "Grayson," she whispered. That was enough for me to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness. I rushed to her bed and held her hand.

   "I'm so sorry baby. Please forgive me. I'm such an idiot for not protecting you. I had one job and that was to keep you happy and I can't even do that. Please forgive me, princess. I'll do anything you want. If you want to leave me, you can," I pleaded with my head low and slumped shoulders. She placed her soft hands on my cheeks and raised my face to meet her eyes.

   "It's okay Grayson. It's not your fault at all," I opened my mouth to argue, but she placed a finger to my lips. "You couldn't have looked into the future and saw that Jeffery was going to be in that bathroom. Jeffery didn't even know if I was going to the bathroom that day or not. That's not what matters. What matters is that you saved me and I am forever thankful for that," she said with her beautiful smile.

   The three words were on the tip of my tongue, but I know this isn't the place or time. So I opted for a gentle kiss on her rosy cheeks. I was graced with the sight of her beautiful blush as it spread throughout her face. Giggling, she leaned forward and pushed my shoulders towards her and gave the sweetest peck on my cheek. We both looked at each other with the goofiest smiles and I knew that love was shining through my eyes.

Please don't kill me for this really really long break. I am a lazy buttcheek 😂 anywho please tell meh how this chapter was and any mistakes. Don't get your hopes up for another update anytime soon 😂😂😂

Vote 🗳

Comment 😆

Eat a cookie 🍪

Follow 😘

I love you guys so much ❤️💕