Chapter 2: Two fillies

Rainbow's P.O.V.

It's been eight months and I hate this. I can see why Twilight didn't want me to go through pregnancy. Her mood swings and morning sickness and her strange cravings. I hate her mood swings the most.

It's annoying. It's just one more month and then her mood swings stop and I don't get smacked by her tail anymore. I just can believe how big she got. How big is this kid. What are we going to do with this kid. Twi is making me read all these books on how to raise a filly. But I don't see the point. Everypony has told us that there are different ways to raising a filly and each way comes naturally. I'm going to take a nap.

Twilight's P.O.V.

This is awful. I knew pregnancy was hard but this is torture. It's just one more month and then it's over. At least the baby shower is this week.

*later that week*

The baby shower is nice and fun and we got so many nice gifts. Rainbow was having fun. And- oh. OH NO!

Rainbow's P.O.V.

The baby shower was fun. I looked over to Twilight and she started to look very uncomfortable. I walked over to her. "Twi what's wrong.", I asked. "Rainbow I...I think the baby is coming.", she said. What!", I shouted and everypony looked at me. "Darling what ever is the matter?", Rarity said. "The baby is coming.", I said. They went into panic. We rushed her to the hospital.

~Ponyville Hospital~

"Just relax it will be over soon.", I said to Twilight. She held my hoof and squeezed it. It was painful. "Just one more push.", the docter said. "Ahhhhhhh!", Twilight screamed. "Waaaaaaah!", screamed the baby. "Congratulations! It's a mare.", the docter said. The docter gave Twilight the mare. He left. "Isn't she adorable.", Twilight said, looking at our baby. "Yeah.", I said. "What will her name be?", asked a nurse. Me and Twilight looked at each other then the baby and said, "Spectrum."

Narrator's P.O.V.

Twilight soon fell asleep and the nurse took Spectrum to the nursery and the mane 4 went to look at the babys. "That one there is our's.", Rainbow said pointing towards Spectrum. "Awww! She's so cute.", Pinkie said. "Shhhh!", a nurse said. "Sorry.", Pinkie said. "What'sher name darling?", Rarity said. "Her name is Spectrum.", Rainbow said. "That name is adorable!", Pinkie said. "Shhhh!", a nurse said. "Sorry.", Pinkie said. "Pinkie where's Fluttershy? We seen her in months.", Rainbow asked. "Oh she's in a room her sleeping.", Pinkie said. "Why?", Rainbow said. "Because she just gave birth. See there's our little bundle of joy.", Pinkie said pointing to her filly. Truth be told Pinkie and Fluttershy didn't tell the others about there baby because they wanted to keep it a surprise. "There's our bundle of joy.",Pinkie said and pointed to a pink Pegasis filly with yellow hair in the same style as Pinkie's, sleeping in a bed that was next to Spectrum. "Why didnt you tell us?", Rainbow said. "We wanted to keep it a surprise.", Pinkie said. "What's her name Sugarcube?", Applejack said. "Her name is Party Animal.", Pinkie said. Then Pinkie gasps. "Our fillys have the same birthday.", Pinkie said excitedly. "SHHHHH!!", said the annoyed nurse. "Sorry.", Pinkie said. "And they're both Pegasi.", Rainbow said. "What about you two? Are planning on having a filly?", Rainbow asked Applejack and Rarity. "We are darlings but we haven't decided who should drink the potion.", Rarity said. "Applejack.", said both Pinkie and Rainbow. "What?", Rarity said. "She's way stronger than you, she can handle it.", Rainbow said. "But...but...I'm...", Rarity tried to argue but couldn't think of anything. She signed in defeat. "Fine! But we'll go tomorrow.", Rarity said. After about an hour of them talking, Twilight and Fluttershy came in. "What are you doing up? You need to rest.", Rainbow and Pinkie said to their wives. "We wanted to see our daughters.", Fluttershy said. And they walked up to the window and looked at their fillies. The nurse came out. "Would you like to hold them?", she said. Both Twilight and Fluttershy went to hold their fillies.
------------------------------------------- AUTHOR'S NOTE
Okay to just settle things now. This story is about Twilight and Rainbow raising Spectrum and about Spectrum's life.
-------------------------------------------