Chapter 7: Tensions Rise

Sonata's POV

Adagio's been really mad at me for ruining her plan. And Aria still doesn't seem to care. Meanwhile I still have to look after the baby and try to make sure Adagio won't shoot me with that gun she got.

"So Adagio why do you have a gun?" I asked her. Please don't shoot me! "Its a last resort, if they do manage to find us I'll just shoot Twilight and then dump the baby into the canyon." She said while driving. Thats a terible thing to do Adagio. "Hold on that kid is the daughter of Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash meaning she's going to be really smart and really althletic so that means if we raise her right she's gonna make a ton of money and we'll be rich." Said Aria with greedy eyes. Well at least we don't throw the kid into the canyon so...yeah. I'm so confused? "You have a point Aria, so we'll keep her." Said Adagio.

I have to stop them but how? I look around and see the pistol on the floor of the car. Its as though the gun fell on the floor with any of us noticing and then traveled its way to the back. Huh how convenient its as though something was making sure that I'd stop them and return the baby. Must be my imagination.

I pick up the gun. And arm it. And put the end of the barrel against Adagio's head. "Sonata what are you doing with the gun?" Asked Adagio with abit of fear in her voice. Aria sat there not daring to stop me because she knows that I will shoot. "Stop the car, NOW!" I said with abit of malice which they noticed.

She pulled over to the side of the road. It was very much like a desert out here but with less sand. "Now both of you get out." I said and they got out not daring to falter. I continued with giving them orders and they sat on their knees with their hands behind their heads.

But then... "Hah hahaha..." Aria suddenly started to laugh. "What's so funny?" I ask. "You know Sonata there's something I've always wanted to ask you, and that's why you were so nice to us, especially to me, even though we treat you like garbage." She started. "I've always thought it was because you were an idiot but after we lost our power to sing I began to realize that you were a naturally kind person who is surrounded by people who are naturally unkind. And I began to like that about you. And I'd like to apologize for not being nicer to you all these years." She finished. Her words were so kind and genuine I could hardly believe that she was Aria. "Aria..." I was so touched by her words. "And did you really think I like following Adagio's orders all the time. I mean I'm evil but I'm not so heartless I'd through a baby into a canyon." She said. Maybe she really did care. Maybe me and her could still be friends. "So you wanna go out with me after this is over?" Wha-what!? It was like my brain short-circuited for a second. G-g-go out like a date? "Yeah like a date." She smiled. "Wait did I think that out loud?" "Yeah." She answered.

"Prove it. Prove it to me, so...kiss me!" I said. What am I doing, my mouth started talking before I knew what was happening. "My pleasure." She got up and kissed me on the lips. Hers were so soft. She pulled away revealing what she truly felt. "Proof enough?" She asked. I nodded.

I look over at Adagio but she was gone and then suddenly she came up behind me and took the gun. And aimed it at us. Aria and I stood still. Adagio opened the car door and took out the baby. That was when Twilight and the others arrived in a red pickup truck. They got out and came toward us. And that was when she said. "Stop right now or I shoot the kid!" She shouted. Everyone froze on the spot. And the tension was high.