Wish I Was Strong

I woke up on something that was both hard and soft at the same time. My eyes fluttered open to reveal I was still on Black*Star. Smiling, I also noticed that Soul and Kid had both wrapped an arm around me. I shifted on Black*Star, trying to get up without waking anyone.

"(Y/N)? You're up?" Kids eyes slowly opened to reveal his beautiful golden eyes that stared into my (e/c) ones.

        "Mhmm. Sorry, Kid. Did I wake you?" I shifted again, except Souls arm tightened around me, making it near impossible to get off Star. And to add to that, Star, himself wrapped both his arms around me in a tightening grip.

        "No, I've been up for a while now. I was just resting my eyes waiting for you." Awww he's so sweet!

        I smiled kindly at him, "Thanks Kid," I motioned him to move is head closer. Once he was close enough I kissed his cheek softly, a light pink painting both of our cheeks. He smiled back at me.
        "Do you think you can get these two to lighten their grip a bit?- without waking them." I added. A mysterious glint went through his eyes.

        "I'll do my best..." He walked out to the kitchen and returned holding a glass. Before I could ask what he was doing he poured the glass over Black*Star and Soul, partly getting some on me too.
        He smiled in victory as they jumped from the ground so fast, you'd swear they just heard that a kishin was eating my soul.

        "I've wanted to do that for a long time." Kid smiled innocently. I couldn't help but giggle a little.

        "Kid I said to do it and not wake them up." I stood up from the ground and looked at the two who just awoke, a grin still shadowed over my face.

Kid shrugged, a smug smirk on his face, "Oops."

        "I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THAT KID! YOU WERE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE (y/n) WAS ON TOP OF ME INSTEAD OF YOU!" Star started jumping around and screaming about different things.
        With a gentle sigh I excused myself from the room, pulling Black*Star with me. Partly to keep him from fighting Kid and destroying my living room and also to keep the madness at bay.

        "Star. It's okay. Calm down a little.." I grabbed his hand as we walked up the stairs. His cheeks turned light pink as he walked up the rest of the way to my room with me.

        "I'm going to go get dressed. Can you wait outside my door until I'm done? If I start to feel dizzy, I'll call for you."

        "Sure thing (y/n)! No problem!" He grinned at me. I grinned back then dodged into my room.
        I pulled out high waist skinny jeans with a white top to go with it. I got changed into it quickly and then pulled on a pair of golden flats.

        On my way out of the room I stopped to apply a bit of lip gloss and look at myself in the mirror. My usually bright (e/c) eyes were filled with darkness, and sorrow.

        Connor...

        I wiped away the tears that had fallen and moved back out of the room to find Star still waiting. He smiled at me, upon my exit of the room. His eyes rolled over me, making my cheeks heat up under his gaze. His tongue flicked over his lips.

        "S-Star?" I met his eyes shyly, yet daringly, "Do you like it?"

        "Hell yeah!" His eyes moved back up to mine, a sweet smile spread over his face, "You look amazing."

        I smiled back, tilting my head slightly to the side, "Thank you, Star." I moved through the same motions he did, eyeing him up and down- I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious as to what he looked like shirtless- "You look amazing as well." I giggled.

        "I know! I always do!" He laughed, started walking off with his hands behind his neck, then turned back to face me, "Thanks (y/n)."

        I nodded once then ran over to catch up with him. When we got back downstairs Kid and Soul had food set up on the table- by food I mean cereal.

        I felt a large smile spread across my face, "Aww. Thanks you guys."

        This is so kawaii! I thought as I sat down at the end of the table between Kid and Soul who were already seated. Star sat down next to Soul and began to scoff down his food.

        Looking between the three I help myself but to giggle.

        When we were all done eating I shoved the three boys out the door with me beside them. I needed to go to the DWMA and see how Connor is.

        Thoughts of worry were all that kept going through my head.

        What if he didn't make it?

        What if Tora got him in the middle of the night?

        What if he woke up and I wasn't there to say anything to him so he thought I hated him?

        What if, what if, what if.....

        "Hi Stein. We're here to see Connor..." I looked at the professor through my (e/c) eyes that were glazed with tears I'd be ready to shed in a moment if the slightest thing happens to upset me. Connor is one of the only things that makes me this emotional...

        "I figured as much... Right this way then." He started walking into the room. I followed in directing behind him, the others all behind me, "Oh. And Kid, your father wants to speak to you later." He turned his head halfway towards us while tightening the screw in his head.

        He takes the saying 'having a few screws loose' to a whole new level...

        "I'll go with you, just in case its about what Soul did." I turned around to Kid. He nodded thankfully, Soul grinned out of the edge of my vision. I stuck my tongue out at him, then turned back around to see Connor laying on the bed, his eyes closed.

        Bandages wrapped around his chest and his right arm. A small cut on his left cheek was noticeable as well.

        "C-Connor..." I choked out the words as I stepped closer to him. His eyes fluttered open and I realized that it hurt for him to make even the smallest movements by the way he groaned out my name.

        "(Y-Y/N)... Y-you're here...."

        I sat down at the edge of the bed, wiping away my tears as they fell, "I- I'm s-so sorry Connor! I didn't mean to fail. I just wanted to keep you safe..." I stared down at him.

        A small, sad smile appeared on his face, "It was my choice. You didn't fail me. My job is to keep you safe at all costs. Thats what I did. If anything it's I who should be saying sorry-" He coughed, "for putting you through all this."

My shoulders shook with each intake of air I took, "Oh Connor!" I cried and buried my face into his neck, "The necklace isn't doing a very good job anymore! When I'm alone I feel the madness enter me a-and I can't stop it. Soul, Star and Kid are the only reasons I'm here at your side right now. I'm not strong enough for you Connor... I wish I was. But I'm not."

        "You are strong (y/n). You are the strongest person I know. You've been living with madness for almost ten years. And you are still clinging to your sanity. You have no idea how proud I am of you." His voice was soft and quiet.

        I felt his arms wrap around me in a tight hug, "You'll be okay. With or without me."