Surprise Party

"What?" Kids eyes widened as he reached forward, putting his hand on my arm in comfort, "Are you okay?"

        "Yeah, I'm fine. She was going after Connor but thankfully I had Soul and Crona with me. We managed to scare her off... For now anyways," I sighed, looking down at the cobblestone road.

        "THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE! WHY WASN'T I HERE? I COULD'VE GOTTEN RID OF THAT WITCH IN NO TIME! NO ONE GOES AFTER MY FRIENDS!" Black*Star cried out.

        I giggled, "You were doing a mission with Kid. I'm sure you would've put on quite the show Star. There's always next time. Besides I was able to use Soul as my weapon and Crona and I both have black blood, so we were pretty safe from her trying anything."

        My (e/c) eyes flickered up to Kid who was smiling at me, "You're so strong..." He whispered quietly.

        "Thank you... But I was only able to do it because of my friends," I smiled back at him, slowly getting lost in his gorgeous golden orbs.

        I don't know how long we were staring at each other before Soul coughed to bring our attention back to everyone else. His eyes were just so beautiful and easy to get lost in.

        "So what's the plan? Someone should stay with (Y/N) for the night just in case Tora comes back. I have to go check on Maka so I can't do it tonight," Soul shrugged.

        "I think I should," Kid said, "If a witch does come after her I think as Lord Deaths son I'll be able to help," he smiled at me, "I won't let her touch you."

        "What?! I COULD TAKE HER MYSELF! I SHOULD STAY!" Star started screaming, causing me to laugh. Kid sent him a glare and he finally agreed, on the one condition that he'd get to stay with me tomorrow. After than Connor should be back and I won't need someone to stay with me. It made me a little sad to think that I won't get to see them as much as I could when they're staying with me but I'm sure I'll still see them a lot! They always seem to be there when I need them.

        "I'm glad it's settled, have a good night you two!" I hugged Soul and Star goodbye before they turned and walked off. I let Kid and myself into my house.

        "Do you want something to eat?" I asked, kicking my shoes to the floor.

        "I'm alright for now, thank you. We ate on the plane," Kid took his shoes off as well, following me to the living room where we sat on the couch next to each other after I grabbed an apple from the kitchen.

        "Did you come here right after your mission or something?" I asked, Kid nodded causing me to laugh, "You're too cute... I was worried about you, you know."

        "Worried about me? I was worried about you!" He laughed, "You were here alone with Soul, I completed the mission as soon as I possibly good because I hated being away from you for so long..." He mumbled, eyes trailing down to the floor.

        "You're sweet, Kid. That's what I love about you," I sighed, laying my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

        "And I love everything about you..." He whispered, barely audible. I wasn't sure I heard him correctly until I opened my eyes and looked up at him, noticing a pink blush on his face as his eyes stared down at me with warmth.

        "Kid..." I slowly sat up, my head nearing his.

        "(Y/N)..." he breathed against my lips, they were almost touching.

        I closed the gap between us and pressed my lips to his softly, he cradled my head with one hand, the other holding me close on my back. I had both of my hands around his neck, the kiss was soft and gentle, it was amazing. I pulled back after a few minutes and sighed, staring into his eyes.