Drawing Me In

Spirit narrowed his eyes at Soul and tried to step past him into the house. I was giggling with Kid and Black*Star from the safety of the balcony. Soul looked up at his and then met Spirit's eyes boldly. What he said shocked me beyond belief, "(Y/N) is busy with Kid and Black*Star right now. Up in her room. Why don't you and I have some fun instead?" What he said wasn't exactly a lie considering that the patio goes off of my room, but Soul meant it in a completely different context! Spirit was going to think I was having a threesome with Star and Kid! I felt Kid stiffen beside me. Spirit is one of his fathers Death Scythes. If he tells his dad-- Shinigami-sama-- Kid will be eternally embarrassed.

        "But- but I was just talking to her." Spirit stuttered.

        "What would Maka want you to do? Go up there and interrupt them or go have fun with me?" Soul was an excellent actor, I can give him that much.

        Spirit's eyes watered ever-so-slightly and he twitched, "MAKAAAAA!!" He screamed as he started running down the street, "DADDY LOVES YOU AND MAMA, REALLY!" He ran off and disappeared far off. Soul looked up at us and grinned that shark tooth grin of his, "I'm gonna take that as a no." He called up to us. I smirked down at him.

        "Yea. So am I. Okay. Go try and pick four more people up." I made a gesture with my hands to motion him off, "Not too far, we need to be able to see you!" I reminded him then turned to Kid, "I'll talk to Shinigami-sama later to find out if Spirit told him anything, don't worry." 

        I smiled at him as he nodded his head, "Thank you (y/n)."

        "YAHOO! SPIRIT THINKS WE DID IT WITH (Y/N)!"

        "Baka!" I shoved his shoulder lightly as to grab his attention, "That's not a good thing! We haven't done anything."

        "Yet," Star whispered in my ear. I chuckled nervously and backed up which only led me to fall against Kid.

        I whirled on him in a second and held my hands up in front of me, "Sorry Kid!" I muttered and straightened out his jacket, "There. All better." I smiled at him and he smiled back. I then turned back towards the street to watch as Soul attempted to pick up a male with light brown hair and shiny hazel eyes. I laughed when the male walked away from Soul without so much as a word being spoken. Kid snickered and Black*Star broke out into a straight up laugh attack.

        Three people and twenty minutes later, Soul trudged back into the apartment, a grim expression pressed onto his face.

        "I'll get you back for that, (y/n)," he swore. I laughed and walked over to him, swinging my arms over his bare shoulders.

        "I'm sure you will, Soul. Now... Your turn to ask someone! I'll go grab your clothes." I slid past him and ran upstairs to my room where his clothes laid still on the floor. My head started spinning as I bent over and grabbed his clothes. My skin felt like it was crawling. Fogginess moved in through my mind. Making it difficult to tell fiction from reality.

        This madness... is really.. too strong.

        I stood back up straight, swaying slightly, with Souls clothes clutched in my hands. I backed up out the door as darkness started edging through my vision.

        "(Y/N)!" I heard footsteps pound on the floor. Just as I was about to fall I felt two arms wrap around me from behind.

        Kid...

        "Hmm? Oh, Kid. Thanks, I'm fine." I turned to face him slowly, wrapping my arms around his back as tight as I could without noticing.

        "Are you sure?" He looked down at me, I looked back up at him, the darkness slowly fading back out and my mind becoming clear again.

        I nodded slowly, testing out my movements. Trusting that he wouldn't be able to see through my lie. 

        "I know that you weren't. But as long as you are now... I think that it would be best if we go to sleep now. We can wake up early and go see Connor."

        "Good idea. Thanks for catching me, I must have tripped on my own two feet," I laughed slowly, putting a smile on my face.

        "Mhmm, okay (y/n), you don't have to tell me the truth, I understand," And with that he placed his soft, warm lips to my forehead and kissed it gently; it sent shivers up and down my spine for reasons that I couldn't put my finger on yet.

        We made our way back downstairs, where I handed Soul his clothes, concern flashed through his crimson eyes as he took them from my hands.

        "Hey," He whispered, "You okay? We thought that maybe..." I smiled and placed my left palm flat against his chest.

        "I'm fine, Soul. Thanks for worrying about me though," I pulled him closer and hugged him, "Now go and get dressed." I shoved his towards the stairs. He laughed and trudged up the stairs.

        Just as I turned back Black*Star jumped out at me from no where and wrapped his arms around me in a hug that could literally suffocate Satan himself. 

        "(Y/N)! WHAT HAPPENED?! ARE YOU OK?!" I was lifted off the ground and spun in circles. Laughing, I wrapped my arms around Star's back.

        "It's fine, Star. Don't worry. I'm okay," I looked around once I was set back on the ground at Kids demand just as Soul walked into the room, "We all are. And I am going to do my very best to make sure it stays that way." I smiled at the three boys. And they all smiled back, then wrapped me up in a group hug. 

        We made the bed on the wooden floor as comfortable as possible we all fell onto the floor in adjoined laughter, holding each other and just forgetting about our problems for now. We fell asleep like that. Soul on my left, Kid on my right and my body laying atop of Star's. 

        In this moment I'm as happy as I can possibly be. As happy as I will ever be for a long time.