Chapter 3 : Pearl Voice

Science class. As usual, experiment in pairs or groups. I approach Guanlin and stick right beside him as I don't want to be paired with the new boy. It will be awkward if there's him in my group.

"Y/N.. Why don't you want to be paired with that new boy? You're partner right?" Guanlin emphasize the 'partner' word.

I look at him with disgusted face. "He is quite handsome. There'll be others who want to be with him. I guarantee." I explain to him.

"Okay then.. Why he is coming here?" He tells me while pointing at the boy.

I look over the things he pointed. True, that new boy is coming here but why? Both Guanlin and I awkwardly saying hi to him but yeah he just stay silent, not even smiling.

"Gosh! I can't take it. He's like too hard to be communicate. I think I'll move to Daehwi group." Guanlin whispers to me.

"LinLin, wait...." I try to stop him but he already pack up his belongings and walk to the other table, leaving me with the new boy. How can you do this?

I look at him and try to break the silence. "Urm.. Why you are joining my group?"

He stares at me deeply, looking quite creepy. But not answering instead. He takes the stool and sit down, leaving my question not answered. I can't believe he is this quiet. I take a deep breath and sit beside him.

Through the teacher's explanation about the experiment, I haven't talk to him even once. He's busy jotting down some notes while I'm looking outside the window, regretting to let him be in my group.

"Let's start!" My science teacher shouts excitedly. I stand up lazily from my stool. Suddenly, teacher comes towards my table and tells me something, "Y/N.. I hope that Jinyoung and you could be friends easily as you're quite talkative. I hope that you could make him speak more. He's too silent."

I'm pressured. Even though I love to talk but convincing him is a no no.

I stay on the table, waiting for him to take the apparatus — cuz he wrote everything. My eyes keep staring at his notebook, maybe he writes something about his feelings. I look over the lab, he's still taking the apparatus. This is my chance.

I turn the page slowly and read it as fast as I can. What I see only notes with his neat handwriting. "Why can't he talk to everyone? He's not even capable." I mumble.

CLANK! The sound of some glass apparatus been put down on the table. I look over my left side. He's already here. I quickly close his notebook, acting like nothing happened. "Aha.. Jinyoung you're already here. So, what are we doing today." I ask him, stuttering.

He walks towards me. I gulped down my fear, afraid that he might scold me. He comes nearer and sandwiching me with the table. His face is just a few centimeters from mine. I can't look at his eyes, my face already reds.

He approaches my ears. His breaths tickle my crook of neck. Heol, what is this? He whispers slowly into my ears, "Don't read my book to find out what my secret is."

My heart beats unevenly. His voice super hot (Nananana yeah~ 😂) and kinda deep. I blush hard and can't move my body to push him off me.

"One more, look on the blackboard and you will know what our experiment is." He whispers again. Every time he whispers, I'm shivering. Like something cool coming from his voice.

He finally back off and reaches the apparatus, starting the experiment. I still stand there, holding my chest. Why my heart flutters so much? I shake my head trying to forget the moment before.

I read the procedure on the blackboard and helping him with the experiment. From the start until the end, none of us speak anything. It just become more awkward. If he's not doing what he's doing before, I would not be shocked until now.

"Y/N~ How's your experiment?" Guanlin hugs me from the back, leaning his head on my shoulder. He's really clingy and I like it.

"It's fine so far, LinLin. How's yours and Daehwi?" I answer him.

"We broke the boiling tube because there's a spider in it, and Daehwi threw the tube into the sink." He explains. I chuckled.

My eyes suddenly meet with Jinyoung's one. His eyes looking at me and Guanlin deeply. Don't tell me he's jealous?

2 B CONTINUED