Chapter 11 : Bitter Time

I walk back to the class after send Guanlin to the infirmary. I slide the door and enter the class. Everyone seems to do their own things. Daehwi is sitting on my seat, playing with Jinyoung. I look at them from far but Daehwi notices me. I signal him to stay sit down. He gives me a questioning look but I just smile at him, sit on his seat instead.

"Yah!! Y/N... Is this you?" A girl in front of me shows me something in her phone.

A photo of me and Guanlin kissing a while ago. Man.. Don't tell me that whole class know about it including Jinyoung.

I glance at Jinyoung. It's too late, he already looks at his phone. His face shows he's shocked. Without realizing, our eyes meet each other. He suddenly walks out from the class, followed by Daehwi. I wonder what happens.

"No... It's a misunderstanding. Can you take down that picture..?" I tell the girl.

"Really? I'll tell Yeri to do so.. If then." She said and calls her friend right away.

×××

It's recess. Surprisingly, Jinyoung skips a subject. I ask Daehwi where Jinyoung is but he just shrugged, like don't know what's happening. I already call him a few times but all my calls placed in his mailbox instead.

I walk to the canteen alone. I keep thinking where the boy could be. My head examines the whole canteen, there's no even sign of him. I reach the beverages fridge but just stand there, holding the handle.

"Y/N.. Are you going to buy the drinks or not?" Jisung who is behind me, asks me.

I snap out from my thinking mind. I step aside, founding that there's a long line behind Jisung. What I'm thinking until I'm zoning out too much?

"Do you want to drink something? I'll get it for you." He asks me with full of care.

"Chocolate milk." I point to the milk carton.

"Let's go." He pulls me with him while bowing to the students behind him. He's really Jisung mom. He goes to the counter, pays for all the foods including the chocolate milk.

"Y/N.. Why you look like you are down?" Jaehwan asks me as soon as I sit down.

"Oh?.. I'm.." I look at him but then I saw Jinyoung is sitting beside him, eating a bun.

"Okay okay.. I know why." Jaehwan says as he glances at Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung-ah, where did you go just now? I'm curious.." He asks Jinyoung but gazing into my eyes. I try to look at the milk carton, avoiding meeting Jinyoung's eyes.

"I'm just resting at the rooftop.." I choke on my chocolate milk.

"Omo! Are you okay Y/N..?" Minhyun wipes my mouth using the tissue.

I take his tissue, wiping it by myself. I know Jinyoung will stare at me and Minhyun if I let Minhyun do it for me. He's like jealous.

"Guanlin still not back to class yet?" Jihoon asks, worried.

I shake my head. "Why? Are you missing him?" I tease him.

"I think you're the one that miss him..." Everyone silence as they heard Jinyoung said that.

"Ehem! I think we should visit him. Everyone have finished eating?" Jisung looks at everyone, only Jinyoung and I still drinking our drinks.

"Did you guys want to visit him?" He asks.

"I have something to do with Jinyoung... How about you guys go first." I lied. I really want to discuss with Jinyoung, what happened to this boy. Jinyoung throws me 'what' expression looks.

After a while, they all leave, only Jinyoung and I remains. The situation becomes awkward. I should ask him quickly or then he would run away.

"Jinyoung-ah, are you okay? I never see you skipped classes like that.. I mean..."

He leaves me without letting me finishing my words. I rush to catch him and grabs his hands. "Why are you being like this?!" I show up my true feelings — anger.

"Should I tell you..?" He shakes my hands off his and walks away.

I stand there alone, feeling like being stabbed in my deep heart. If I tell you my true feelings, I'm afraid I'm the one that be hurt.

Jinyoung, I like you.

T B C