Chapter 8 : Truth

"Jinyoung-ah.. Thank you so much." I thank him while he is dabbing some ointment on my knee.

I keep looking at him, treating my wound. I can see his small crook of smile near his cheeks. My hand suddenly caressing his fluffy brown hair. I play with each strands of it, waiting for him to finish his works.

He then stands up after a few minutes. He takes a seat next to me, packing up the first aid kit. I can't help but be more curious about his quiet. Did he endured anything that make him be like this?

"Bae Jinyoung.. Can I ask you one thing?" He just nods without looking at me. "Urm... Why did you become quiet..? I know you're not a quiet person before, right?"

He stops packing the medical equipment. His face turns unhappy. "..if it's burden you, you can just let the questions be unanswered. I don't want..."

He hugs me all of the sudden. I just froze on the bench. What is he doing? I pat his back using my free hand.

"I have trauma..." I paused when I heard his words.

"Trauma...?"

He nods and explains, "..when I'm still 7 years old, I really love to laugh and do other things like other kid. But one day, the person I always talked to already died in an accident. My brother.."

I see his eyes already have tears lingering in his eye sockets. I hold his hand and caressing softly. "You can stop if you want.. I don't want to burden you to reminisce about that hurtful memories. I truly understand what you have endured through this life."

He throws me a big smile, hugging me back. "Thank.. Thank you Y/N."

"Don't worry.. I think you can overcome the trauma slowly. Look at how you scold Chungha and her gangs. It already an achievement you know. Achievement unlocked." I joke. He giggles.

I know he will change soon. Just need to wait.

×××

Back to class. It's Mathematics. Jinyoung beside me writing down the notes given by teacher. I really hate maths so I stand the book in front of my face and sleep. The teacher better don't check table by table or then I will be dead. I'm not even good in this subject. My latest exam marks is F. Ughh..

Quite a long time I dozed off but then I woke up as someone nudge my shoulder. I turn around. Oh my God! It's the teacher with her long bamboo stick.

"Miss Y/N~ How's your dream? Sweet?" She teases me. I just stay quiet, looking at the floor.

"Go and answer question on the blackboard!" She hits my table with the stick, making all the students startled.

I quickly get off from my seat, taking the chalk and try to solve the question. Naturally, I don't know how to solve it. Even the formula I can't remember.

"You can't do it?!" She yells. I just hold the chalk, not facing her. "Guanlin, help her."

I feel ashamed of my dumbness. A shadow towers me from behind. Guanlin's hand is writing some numbers beside me. I take a look at him, awe of his intelligence. He smiles at me while finishing the problem solving.

"Both of you go back to your seat. Also, Miss Y/N~ Please learn from Guanlin. All of his answers are correct." She instructs me. I just nod in embarrassment.

I sit back on my seat. Jinyoung looks at me and throw a supporting smile. "You can do it."

×××××

"Y/N..!" Guanlin calls me from behind. I close my locker and facing him.

"How about today... I teach you maths at Daniel hyung café?" He asks me with his smile. I nod as agreement.

We then walk to go to the café. Guanlin really makes me happy but not more than friends. I only like him like my own brother. I feel goosebumps when we walk together, like someone is watching or following us but maybe my own imagination.

"Arrived! Let's go!" He excitedly enters the café. I just follow behind him. This panda boy really cute.

"Y/N~" Daniel hugs me with his open arms. I feel packed under his embrace because of his big build body.

"Hyung~ what about me?" Guanlin pokes Daniel's cheeks, asking him.

"Ahaha.. Are you jealous, our maknae Guanlin." Daniel pats Guanlin's head, stroking his hair.

The door opens again, telling that there's a customer. I noticed Seungwoo face turns into happy face.

"Bae Jinyoung!!"

Was he the one who follows Guanlin and I?

T B C