Chapter 16 : He Changed Him

Finally, School Open Day. I wait for the boys in front of the school gate. I wear a pink shirt with white pleated skirt, letting my long hair free.

Some voices can be heard from far. It's Jaehwan, Seungwoo and Jihoon calling my name while running. I'm shocked with their entrance.

"Wow! Our Y/N today looks so gorgeous!" Jisung praises me, my face blush right away.

"We're all here. Let's go!" Guanlin enters the school with endless smile in his face. All of us just follow behind him.

After walking a while, we arrive at the Haunted House. There's a queue but luckily all of us arrived quite early, so we don't need to wait for a long time.

"Okay.. Let's go in there pairing~" Jisung orders.
"Choose your partner in 3, 2, 1!"

Everyone pulls their partners with them. Only me, Jinyoung, Niel and Seungwoo left. We all look at each other, chuckling.

"Only four of you left. Choose your partner ppalli." Woojin said.

"Eyy I know Y/N should be with Jinyoung and OngNiel should be together, international pairing right?" Jaehwan drags us according to the name he told before.

"I don't want with this Euigeon boy. He's afraid too easily. I think like I'm caring a girl." Seungwoo complains. The others just laugh at his complaint.

Jinyoung and I look at each other but the stare doesn't last long. We just stand next to each other, awkwardly. I take a deep breath, thinking how scary this house will be.

"How about Jinyoung and Y/N go first? Our favorite pair." Sungwoon pushes me and Jinyoung into the entrance. At the same time, Guanlin pats Jinyoung, like they have plan on something. Is it yesterday's one?

As we enter the haunted house, the scary music surrounds us. Actually, I'm afraid of ghosts or scary things. I want to overcome the fear, that's why I suggest this place first.

I can't help but close my eyes, shivering. A sudden scream make me frightened more. "Omma!!! Help.." I yell.

Jinyoung circles his arms around my waist, keeping me close beside him. We continue to walk until I feel something touch my hair.

"Baejin, I'm afraid... Someone touch my hair." I lean my head on his chest in fear.

"I'm here. Don't worry. I'll kill those ghosts for you." He said, nearing our space.

"Really?" I ask, sobbing.

"I know a way to make your fear gone. Sing." His words make me speechless. How can sing make you not scared in the dark room with many spooky things?

Suddenly, he sings Nayana happily as loud as he can. I sing with him, harmoniously. What he said is true, it's the best thing to overcame my fear. All my thoughts about the scary place ends.

Finally, when we finished singing the song, we finish the haunted house route. We hold hands till the end, walking to the others.

"Woah! They're holding hands!" Jaehwan happily said.

I quickly take my hand off from his. But he grips on my hand tightly. I hit his arm, whispering to let me go. He cheekily smiles at me, shaking his head.

"This is my reward for teaching you a new way." He whispers.

Heol, is this the real Bad Jinyoung that I know? So sweet tho.

Jinyoung at the same time glance at Guanlin, showing his thumb up. I nudge him, distracting him.

"Baejin, what's wrong between Guanlin and you? Like you're planning something.." I ask in curiosity.

"Urm... Yesterday, he told me about you..."

× F L A S H B A C K ×

"Jinyoung hyung, you like Y/N right?" Guanlin asks Jinyoung.

The boy shook and question back, "How do you know? I mean.. I never tell anyone about it."

"Hyung, Y/N also like you so much. Just she's still find the right timing to confess her feelings."

"Really.. I thought she likes you."

The words from small faced boy making Guanlin laughed.

"I'm the one that just like her. But I got rejected."

"Rejected?!" Jinyoung surprised.

"We're already friends since our childhood. She thinks me as a friend only. But I'm not hurt, I can still be her friend."

"Ouh..." Jinyoung flustered. He falsely believe that Y/N like Guanlin, that's why he tried to distance from Y/N.

"Tomorrow Y/N planned to go to Haunted house right? So, please take care of her a lot. She's afraid of it tbh. But maybe she wants to defeat her fear. Try to make her fear disappear. I know you can." Guanlin encourages Jinyoung.

"I will..."

× E N D O F F L A S H B A C K ×

T B C