Chapter Twenty-six

I rushed into Alec's room and came to an abrupt stop, tilting my head as I took in the scene before me. Alec sat mounted atop a man who looked to have lost his shirt and was aggressively making out with said man. Alec's hand had disappeared in between their bodies and I couldn't stop the smirk that slowly quirked my lips as I averted my eyes. Alec didn't seem to notice my not so silent entrance, but his friend sure did. The stranger gasped and pulled away from my friend, startled by the interruption. Alec sighed and rested his forehead against the shoulder of the man briefly before he glanced my way and rolled off him.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I need to talk to you. Urgently," I said, darting my eyes to the half dressed man who still sat on his bed, pulling his shirt over his head.

Alec tapped his head with his fist and squeezed his eyes shut for a tense second. "Of course you do," he grumbled and then turned to his friend. "We'll have to continue this some other time. I've gotta talk to my girl here. Apparently, it's important."

The man eyed us both like he found us both to be strange creatures then shook his head in disbelief. "Okay. I'll catch you later, then."

Alec nodded and then watched with pained eyes as he grabbed his discarded jacket and left. I shut the door behind him and Alec turned to look at me with accusing, disgruntled eyes, like I had just took away his favorite toy for the sole purpose of spiting him.

"Freckles, this better be good or I think I might have to strangle you," he warned, looking entirely too serious for my liking.

"Ooh, kinky. I like it," I said teasingly, giving him a wink as I strayed towards his dresser, mindlessly picking up a picture of him from his early teen years.

He growled in frustration and gave me the death glare. "Murder, Red. Don't make it come to that."

I pouted at his firm tone and set the picture down, turning to lean back on the dresser with my elbows. "You get mean when you're cock blocked. It doesn't suit you at all," I said, not sure how to even start without raising suspicion.

"Echo," he said in warning.

"Okay. So you know who bit me, right?" I stated more than asked as I walked over to his bed and sat against the backboard of his bed with my legs crossed.

He eyed my shoes, clearly bothered that they were touching his bed, but didn't comment on it. "Why would you assume that?"

"Well, for starters, you know everything," I started, watching him prepare to interject. I continued, cutting him off before he even got started, "But what confirms my suspicions is that you've never asked me about it. Not once. There's only one reason you'd leave something like that alone, Alec, and we both know what that is."

He rolled his head back and shrugged. "Okay, yeah."

"So spill. What do you know about him?"

He hesitated, looking away. "I don't know anything."

"Bullshit."

He looked at me with reluctance clear on his face. "Echo, everything I've heard about him is based off rumors. The man is practically a ghost."

"So just tell me what you've heard," I said, leaning forward.

"It's probably just gossip."

"Just tell me," I said, gripping his comforter in frustration.

He paused and let out a sigh. "Alright."

I waited, watching as he ran his hand over his face and shook his head. "The Courts are crawling with rumors of Demetrius. Nothing that's even remotely concrete, but there are whispers. If there's one thing I can say with certainty, it's that he's no friend of the Courts. And it's not just The Therian Court, it's all of them. He causes a lot of trouble, and it's made him a lot of enemies."