[SIXTEEN: COFFEE]

evelyn had kept her head up since the last text dylan sent her a couple weeks ago

evelyn had kept her head up since the last text dylan sent her a couple weeks ago. she hadn't cried. she didn't think about how sweet he was at the movies. how he made her smile through a text. or maybe she did think about it. and she would just never admit to have been played by the game that is love.

but she bottled everything up. acted like nothing had happened. continued to show up to meetings, interviews and movie premieres. she continued to deny the rumors of her and dylan together. lying to them all and saying it was just to get to know each other.

but she currently sat in the booth of her favorite coffee shop. a cliché area that was never too full, but full enough for her company to have a conversation with them and not worry about people overhearing them.

she fiddled with her fingers until she felt bob's presence sit down in front of her. she averted her eyes and looked to him, who flashed a soft smile to her as he handed her her order.

she thanked him quietly, as if she was afraid that if she talked too loud, you'd hear how hurt she still was.

bob didn't mind. he didn't care if evelyn was just talking to him as a replacement. he didn't care that they were sitting there silent. because frankly they could be talking about the stars, the news, or nothing at all and bob would enjoy it. because that was how much he fell for her, the kind of love they shared for each other never died.

"i wanna talk to you about something." evelyn finally says, her voice sounding firm. bob snaps out of his thoughts and looks back to the girl before him.

"yes?" bob raises his eyebrows, thinking about what it might be. his immediate thought hit him, and he was speaking before he realized he shouldn't. "are we gonna talk about what happened between you and-"

"don't." evelyn closes her eyes softly, lightly annoyed that she was reminded of the situation when she was obviously trying so hard to forget.

"are we ever going to?" bob asks, making evelyn's face soften. she didn't know the answer.

"all signs point to maybe." evelyn smirks, proud of her witty comment. bob chuckles lightly.

"that was very helpful." bob says, evelyn smiling in response.

"i wanna talk about you actually." evelyn answers.

"oh really?" bob raises his eyebrows, "to what do i do the pleasure?"

"when i went to the movies with him," evelyn starts, making sure she wouldn't say his name, as if it was some sort of poison. "were you jealous?" she asks, leaving bob with a completely straight face.

he didn't know how to react. he had told richard about how he didn't lose feelings for evelyn, but he never thought she'd notice. "all signs point to yes." bob answers. evelyn smiles, taking his hand in hers.

"why are you doing that?" she asks.

"doing what?" bob replies.

"you're acting like i'm going to reject you." evelyn bites the inside of her lip.

"why wouldn't you?"

evelyn laughs at the ridiculous statement. "are you kidding?" evelyn asks. "bob we've been together before. my feelings didn't just go away."

"they did with dominic."

"bob, don't do that." evelyn pouts.

"i'm sorry i just," he begins. "i feel like i'm just a second choice. you left me for dom and you left me for dylan." evelyn winces at the last name. "i get a feeling i'm just a backup plan."

"bob." evelyn squeezes his hand. "no matter who i'm with, i'll always love you. i'm sorry if i've ever left you. i haven't meant to. i love you."

"friendgame or endgame?" he asks, making evelyn giggle.

"both." she answers, making bob look down at his shoes to hide his smile. the possibility of them getting back together was big now. and that couldn't have made him happier.

i think evelyn and bob are actually a cute pair so i'm sorry if y'all see more of that lately