19- Argument #1

Brooklyn walked out of her house the next morning in a daze. Her mind was still on last night.

She had told him.

Brooklyn sighed and rubbed her eyes. After forcing Harry to leave she had a sleepless night. She wished that he would have stayed and that she hadn't have made him go. She had received a call from her father, which she ignored and she was trying her hardest to forget about her mothers words.

"Hey."

Brooklyn jumped when she heard Harry's voice and she frowned when she realised she hadn't even seen him parked outside her house.

"I think I'm just going to walk," Brooklyn mumbled, but Harry shook his head.

"Get in."

"I really-"

"Your head is all over the place. Knowing you you'll get run over or something. Get in, babe."

Brooklyn stared at Harry for a few moments before sighing and nodding. She slowly walked towards Harry's car and he reached over and opened the door for her. It was silent as she climbed in.

"You alright?" Harry asked after a few moments.

"Fine," Brooklyn said sharply.

"You're not fine," Harry said.

"Don't tell me how I feel," Brooklyn said.

"Then don't lie."

"Why the hell did you ask if you were just going to say I'm wrong?"

"I wanted to see if you were going to be honest with me," Harry said and Brooklyn ignored his look and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Just drive the damn car," she muttered.

"You can be, you know," Harry said as he started the car and drove away from the house.

"Can be what?"

"Honest."

Brooklyn glanced at him, but quickly looked towards the ground. "I know," she murmured and she scrunched her nose up when the pressure in her head returned.

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Then why aren't you honest?"

"Because I hide things and pretend everything is alright," Brooklyn muttered. "There you go, there's me being honest."

Harry sighed and shook his head. "Don't do that. Not with me."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so, babe," Harry said sternly.

"Last night, please forget about everything that happened," Brooklyn said suddenly.

"What if I don't want to forget about everything that happened?" Harry wondered and turned to stare at Brooklyn who couldn't help but blush.

"I was more talking about the other stuff that happened, but forget about that as well," she said quickly.

"Ah, but I'm afraid I can't forget about the other stuff, even though I wish I could, for your sake," Harry said.

"I just don't want you to feel sorry for me! Whenever anyone finds out they treat me like a China doll, too scared to do or say anything, scared that I'll crack! They feel sorry about what happened to me and then they feel sorry about my shitty parents and I just can't deal with it! It's why I didn't want to tell you, it's why-"

Harry gently placed his hand over Brooklyn's mouth. "You talk a hell of a lot, babe," he commented. "And I won't treat you differently. I don't feel sorry for you."