32- Recovery

Brooklyn was asleep, cuddled into Harry's chest. Harry wasn't meant to stay at the hospital over night, but somehow he managed to get away with it.

Brooklyn slept peacefully with Harry. She felt no pain. Had no nightmares. She felt safe.

Harry brushed Brooklyn's curls from her face and tangled her hair round his fingers.

"Stop it," Brooklyn grumbled and batted Harry's hand away as she woke.

"Morning," Harry said. "Sleep well?"

Brooklyn shrugged her shoulders and winced as she adjusted her position. "You don't have to stay overnight, Harry."

"Knowing you you'll somehow manage to kill yourself if you're left alone," Harry said. "I've got nothing better to do."

"That can't be true," Brooklyn said and rolled her eyes. "Why do you want to be stuck babysitting me?"

"Because it's you," Harry shrugged and stood up, stretching out. Brooklyn watched as his muscles tensed and flexed. "Stop staring, babe."

"If you won't leave then you've got to put up with it," Brooklyn said and Harry rolled his eyes. He grabbed his top that was slung over the chair and pulled it over his head. "Come here," Brooklyn said and Harry raised his eyebrows but sat on the bed.

"What?"

Brooklyn smirked and ran her fingers through his hair, smoothing the kinks and knots that had formed over night. "Bed head."

"You can talk," Harry said.

"I'm the one who's injured. I'm not expected to look good," Brooklyn shrugged and she looked up into Harry's beautiful green eyes. "You have to leave," she said softly.

Harry frowned. "Why?"

"The girls are visiting me today."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "You-"

"I don't want you around Sasha," Brooklyn said quickly. "She's also been through a lot and I don't want you being an ass to her."

"Fuck off," Harry scoffed. "She bumped her head and could go home to her own house. She's not been through a lot."

"Harry," Brooklyn groaned. "You blame her."

"I never said that."

"I may not be in your head but I don't need to be to know what you think about her," Brooklyn said. "She's my friend and I don't want you upsetting her."

"It's not my fault if she gets easily offended, babe," Harry said.

"Just-" Brooklyn sighed. "Please, let me have some time with my friends. Go home, have some decent food, get some decent sleep in your own bed and take the time to stop worrying about me."

"I sleep better when I know you're safe."

"You know I'll be safe, I'm a hospital."

"I sleep better with you," Harry corrected. "And I know you do too."

Brooklyn looked away from Harry. "You have to leave soon anyway. The nurse is going to come and help me wash and change. They won't allow you in the room."

"I'll-"

"And once I am done I don't expect you to come back into this room. You are going to leave me alone to wait for my friends to arrive-"

Harry placed his finger over Brooklyn's lip. "I'll leave," he said slowly, "when your... friends are here. I'm not leaving you alone."

Brooklyn pursed her lips. Harry wasn't going to budge. "Fine," she muttered.