31- Hospital

"What the hell are you doing here?" Brandon demanded as he stormed into the hospital room where Brooklyn was, hooked up to various wires and machines.

"Now is not the time to annoy me, Brandon," Harry warned, not looking up from Brooklyn. He was seated next to her, holding her hand tightly. "You're lucky I even called you."

"Oh my gosh!" Brooklyn's aunt and uncle rushed into the room and gasped at the sight of their battered niece.

"I'm going to find a doctor," Brooklyn's uncle stuttered. "Find out what happened."

"Brooke," Brooklyn's aunt whispered and shakily walked over to the bed.

"They operated on her. She had a tree branch in her stomach. She lost a lot of blood, she nearly didn't make it," Harry said, his voice empty. "She's stable now."

"Were you with her when it happened?" Lisa, Brooklyn's aunt asked.

"No, Brooklyn's friend Sasha was driving. She got away with a mild concussion and a few scrapes."

"What happened?" Lisa asked and brushed one of Brooklyn's curls away from her face.

"Sasha said a wolf ran in front of the car. She lost control and they crashed," Harry said.

"I can't believe this. Thank you for being here for her."

"I'll always be there for her," Harry said. "I just wish she'd let me."

"She has a bad past, it's hard for her," Lisa said softly and sat down at the end of Brooklyn's bed.

"I know," Harry said, his eyes flickering to Lisa.

"She told you?"

"She did," Harry nodded.

"I'm glad she's found someone she can confide in," Lisa smiled.

"You like him?" Brandon called. "You like him!"

"Brandon!" Lisa gasped. "Don't be so rude!"

"He's an ass! Brooke is better off without him!" Brandon snapped.

"Now isn't the time for your petty hatred," Harry warned. "Shut up or get out."

"You can't talk to me like that, she's my cousin!" Brandon exclaimed. "You get out."

"Brandon, you're being childish!" Lisa said. "Brooke is hurt and you're yelling and causing a scene! Take yourself outside and calm down before you come back."

"Mum-"

"Now!" Lisa snapped and Brandon glared at Harry before storming out of the room.

Harry sighed and held Brooklyn's hand to his lips, kissing it gently. "C'mon, babe, wake up."

"I'm sorry about my son," Lisa said.

"I don't care for him," Harry said dismissively.

"You do for Brooke, don't you," Lisa said.

"More than I ever thought I could care about someone," Harry muttered. "She just needs to wake up!"

"She will," Lisa said soothingly. "She has too."

"I may wake up, but I'm going to lose my hand because of you." Brooklyn's weak voice filled the quiet room and both Harry and Lisa let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Fucking hell, you scared the life out of me!" Harry gasped. "Don't do that again, babe."

"What happened?" Brooklyn groaned and tried to sit up, but moaned in pain.