30- Crash

It was dark out and there was a constant drizzle in the air. The diner was emptying, it was never busy late at night. Brooklyn looked up from cleaning a table and smiled when she saw the clock nearing 11pm.

"I'm off," she called to Ben as she made her way out back to get changed. Once her jumper was on and apron off she made her way back to the diner and sighed when she saw a familiar face.

"What are you doing here?" She snapped, narrowing her eyes at Harry.

"It's raining, I thought you might appreciate a lift," Harry shrugged and stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Well I don't," Brooklyn muttered and looked outside. The drizzle had turned into heavy rain.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Come on, the car's running."

"I'm not going with you."

"Babe, it's raining and it's late out, I'm not letting you walk home alone."

"Harry!" She huffed. "Just get it through your thick skull that I don't want to see you!"

"If only I believed you," Harry whispered as he walked up to Brooklyn. He gently cupped her cheek and she gasped when the tickles flooded through her. "I won't do anything, just drop you home. I need to make sure you're safe."

"I'll be fine alone-" Brooklyn stopped when she noticed Barry's dark expression. His eyes were focused on something behind Brooklyn.

"We're going, now," Harry ordered.

"Harry, wait!" Brooklyn snapped and looked behind her and saw Oscar watching Harry cautiously. "Harry, you ass-"

*Not now, Brooklyn!* Harry said firmly. *Just do as I fucking say.*

Harry pulled Brooklyn out of the diner and opened the door of his car. "Get in."

"What was that about?" Brooklyn gasped.

"Nothing," Harry said dismissively. "Now get in!"

"Harry-"

"Get in or I shove you in, babe," Harry warned and Brooklyn glared at him.

"I am not happy about this!" Brooklyn snapped and scrambled into the car. Harry slammed the door behind her and within seconds he was in the drivers seat and starting the engine.

"Who is that?" Harry demanded. "That guy?"

"My manager," Brooklyn said. "He's been away for a year."

Harry pursed his lips and nodded curtly.

"What's gotten you so uptight?" Brooklyn asked.

"Nothing," Harry muttered and pulled away from the diner. "Did you enjoy your day off?"

"From you or school?" Brooklyn asked, raising her eyebrow Harry.

Harry shook his head. "Brooklyn, I want to tell you something."

"Please don't say that vampires exist," Brooklyn groaned.

Harry rolled his eyes. "I know everything about you."

"Kinda hard not to when you're in my head."

Harry ignored her. "So I'm going to tell you something about me. I don't want too, but I think it's fair."

"You think?" Brooklyn asked.

"I'll tell you if you come back to mine," Harry said and Brooklyn frowned.

"No," she said immediately.

"Aren't you the tiniest bit interested? About me? My past?" Harry wondered.