29- Block

Brooklyn shut her locker just as the bell rang and she sighed, looking up at Harry who was standing next to her.

"I have work at 5, maybe we can do this another-"

"We've got more than enough time to talk," Harry said. "Lets go, babe."

Brooklyn narrowed her eyes, but Harry ignored her as they made their way to his car.

"Hey," he said once he got in the drivers seat. He reached over and cupped Brooklyn's face.

"Don't!" Brooklyn snapped, slapping Harry's hand away and stopping the sparks. "Don't touch me!"

Harry gently cupped Brooklyn's face again and brushed his thumb over the bruise. "How is it?" He asked lowly.

Brooklyn looked into Harry's green eyes and swallowed. "F-fine."

"And your back?" He asked and slid his hand down, gently holding the back of Brooklyn's head and tangling his fingers in her hair.

Brooklyn sighed softly and shivered when the sparks flooded through her body. "That's fine too," she murmured.

"You wouldn't lie to me, would you, Brooklyn?" Harry asked as he got closer and closer.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Brooklyn said, lied, and Harry smirked.

"Good," he said and leaned in to kiss Brooklyn but she turned her head at the last moment.

"I... Ha-"

"I forgot, you're being stubborn," he snapped and pulled away from Brooklyn and started the car. "Like fucking always."

"Don't snap at me!"

"Then don't make me angry!"

"I don't intend to!"

"No, you just love being a pain in the ass," Harry growled and pulled out of his parking space.

"And you just love being a complete dick!" Brooklyn argued.

"Can you blame me when you're you!"

"Oh so it's my fault!" Brooklyn gasped. "It's my fault that I don't want to be around a dog?"

"We're not dogs!" Harry yelled. "Jesus, Brooklyn, we're not some unnatural beast!"

"Yes, you're exactly that!" Brooklyn exclaimed.

"All you think you know about us is from stupid human legends!" Harry growled. "If you give me the damn chance I'm trying to explain everything!"

"Give you the chance? You're the one not giving me a choice! Do you think I want to be with you right now?"

"Yes." There was no doubt in Harry's voice and Brooklyn narrowed her eyes at him.

"Fine. You can explain everything," she said. "But, once you've explained everything you need to leave me alone."

"No," Harry said. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"That will be explained along with everything else, babe."

*

Harry drove to the diner and was sat opposite Brooklyn with a plate of fries and two milkshakes between them.

Brooklyn was stress eating.

"I've already told you that werewolves aren't monsters," Harry said. "We're not. We're rather peaceful creatures."

Brooklyn raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

Harry narrowed his eyes. "I did say rather. Now are you going to let me continue?"