S I X

"So what's up with you and Flash?" Asked Peter, holding up your phone.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I mean why does he keep texting you? He's been texting you for weeks." 

"Because he's my friend." You said, reaching for your phone.

"But of all people to befriend, why him?" Peter asked, getting annoyed.

"Why does that matter so much to you?" You asked also getting a little annoyed.

"Because he's a jerk!" Said Peter, throwing his arms up in the air.

"Not to me." You protested.

"But it's annoying."

"What's annoying?"

"it's annoying that he obviously likes you!"

"How is that annoying Peter?" You asked.

"Because he's always following you around! At school it's one thing but yesterday I saw you guys walking around at the park laughing and stuff." He said.

"So?"

"So? So that's what couples do?"

Next week: (Peter's P.O.V.)

"I don't think I can do it Ned." I said, putting the black rose back into my locker.

"You can do it Peter! Besides even if she says no she'll at least like the flower, it's black and she has a dark emo side to her." Said Ned, patting my back.

"Ok, I just don't want to mess this up I really like her."

"Peter, calm down I'm pretty sure Y/N  likes you too"

"How can you be so sure,Ned?" I asked.

"Since she got here you're the only one who she hangs out with." Said Ned, playing with a Star Wars lego.

"That isn't true. She hangs out with you and Flash too." I said beginning to close my locker but Ned stopped me.

"Come on, you think she'd pick Flash over you?"

"Yeah. Flash is rich, he's popular and he-"

"No, no, no. I have been shipping this since day one you are not backing out of it now! It's been almost a year of you crushing on her, like Shia Labeouf said, JUST DO IT! She's going to say yes, and when she does, operation (ship name) will be successful." Argued Ned.

"But you know, she's from a different planet, she's got enough to worry about."

"Peter, this is a chance of happiness. You're going to regret this." Argued Ned, yet again.

I looked down thinking. Ned's right I would regret it. "Ok, ok I'll do it." I said taking the black rose back out of my locker. It was the end of the day so I would be going to her locker anyway. I went walking down the hall nervous, I was basically shaking. Before I went to her locker I walked into the bathroom to take a look in the mirror. My hair was all over the place because of gym. I tried smoothing it out but no matter how hard I tried, it didn't look right. Finally giving up, I continued to walk down the hallway towards Y/N's locker rehearsing what I'd say to her. But then I heard someone behind me.

"Hey, Penis Parker!"

oh come on.

"Watcha doin?" Asked Flash. He glanced at the rose in my hand then at Y/N, her back was facing us. "Oh, I see. Are you asking her to homecoming? Well that's a bit of a problem for you, because I'm taking her."

"You asked her?" I questioned, my heart dropping.

"I am now, did you really think she'd pick you over me? Maybe you should take some notes while you're here." He pushed me back, slightly and began to walk towards Y/N.

"Hey, Y/N what's up!" He asked her.

"Oh, hey Flash."

"Well, you know Homecoming is coming up and I don't have a date yet. So, do you want  to go with me?" 

I couldn't take this anymore, I turned around and began to walk towards the front doors to wait for her there instead.