Chapter One: The Awakening

\August 4, 2085/

I sat up in the sudden light. It was so quiet. The only noise I heard was the beeping of a monitor close by.

I looked down at myself and noticed that I was wearing a white hospital gown. I must be in hospital. I had no idea who I was or what I was doing here.

I turned to the left and saw a small table with a calendar on it. I reached out and grabbed it.
"August 4, 2085. G wakes up." it read. 2085? I was in the future!

I heard a voice above me.

"Are you alright?"

I turned back to where the voice had come from. Obviously I wasn't alright. I'd just woken up in 2085 with no memory of who I was. I didn't even know my age.

"I'm fine." I lied, and I put the calendar down. I stayed sat on the bed. It had crisp white sheets, obviously cleaned every day, and a matching white duvet.

"I'm Dr Andrews. Call me Rowan." said the woman. She was young, probably in her late twenties. She had long brown hair tied in a bun and a blue nurses' uniform. Her eyes were a clover green. I wonder what mine were.

"Can I have a mirror?" I asked.

"Of course. Y will get you the mirror." she said. A tall AI came back with a mirror much bigger than my hands.

It held it and I stared at an unfamiliar face. I had very long straight black hair with neon pink tips and my eyes were a sea blue. I thanked her as she put the mirror back in its place. She went back to me.

"You're welcome." said Y.

"I don't know who I am," I said.

"Why am I in 2085? Am I ill? How old am I?"

"Your name is Gracelynn Rae Prescott. You've got amnesia as you've already demonstrated and you're almost seventeen years old. And you've been in a coma since your fifteenth birthday."

"What happened?" I asked.

"You and your parents were in a car crash. You were put into a coma in hospital."

"Did my parents survive?"

"They're fine now. They had broken legs and arms but luckily they recovered. They're still alive."

"I have family?"

I hope you've enjoyed this story so far. Don't forget to vote and follow me! This story will be 10 chapters long.

💟EchoStarLight468💟