Chapter Eight: Escape?

/11th August, 2085\

I looked round the semi-lit room. The only light was from the hologram board.

"We have to escape," Kimberley whispered.

"This happened to my dad too and he tried to escape and he was jailed. So we have to try really hard to escape otherwise we'll be there forever. We'll never leave."

"I know. My sister's helping me. I think she can use an AI to let you escape."

00:01am/ August 12th, 2085.

I sat up in bed. I looked for Kimberley. She wasn't there. She must have escaped. I packed my bracelet, phone and charger. And a change of clothes. They were in a cube that could grow into a suitcase. It suddenly became flat and  Hannah put it in her pocket.

We crept out of the hospital ward. We couldn't hear anything except our own breathing and our pounding hearts.

"This way." she whispered. I followed her round the hospital and into the secret passageway that lead straight to the entrance.

I saw the sign and it read, "Closed".

"How do we get out?" I asked.

"I know a shortcut," Hannah said. I was starting to wonder if we'd ever escape. We went to the entrance and we went next to the block where we could leave.

"There's a door there."

Hannah quietly opened the door using a coat hook that she'd had on her for some reason.

"How aren't we getting caught?" I asked.

"All the nurses go home and sleep since they need to. All the wards are soundproof from the outside." She walked through the very convenient door. I followed her and once I was out, I locked it.

"Aren't there cameras?"

"Yes, but I broke the ones in your ward and round here before we got here. Kimberley's safe now. She's found her mum and she's living with her now."

We left the hospital. We were free.

I hope you've enjoyed it so far. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me. I'll follow you back.

💟EchoStarLight468💟