Chapter Nine: Freedom

I looked out of the window and I ran as fast as I could. My hair blew in the night's breeze. We were free at last.

"Where do we go?"

"Don't worry. My boyfriend has a place. He avoided being hibernated. So did I."

She took me to his place. He was still up at half one in the morning. I introduced myself and I was taken to the spare room. It had a single bed, a huge wardrobe, a desk with a brand new hologram laptop on it, an empty bookshelf, a mini fridge for food and another for Cola.

I unpacked my things. Next to my bed was a charger plug.

"We still use charger plugs in the future?"

"The government is making an amazing charger device for all devices. Phones, laptops, computers and tablets." said Hannah. She hung my clothes up and then tucked me in bed.

"Will they notice that I'm gone?"

"Yes. Definitely. But they don't know where we are as you had a tracker on you and I took it off."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. It's almost two am now. Go to sleep. Remember to be up by eleven."

"Do you have a job?" I asked.

"I'm a doctor. I work at a small hospital close to here and it has lots of staff. I'm needed every day except weekends and holidays. I get paid when I'm off too. I get paid weekly and my wage is around nineteen pounds."

I worked it out on a calculator.

"Wow! You're super rich!" I said.

"Yes. I'm not just a doctor. I'm higher than one. I can't remember what it's called. We're moving into a huge house in the next month or so." she said. I closed my eyes and I heard, "Night."

"Night." I said. I fell asleep. I couldn't believe I was free!

{Time skip to 8am at the hospital}

*Nurse Rowan's POV*
"Where's Gracelynn?" Nurse Stephanie asked me.

"I don't know." I answered.

"You don't know? You're the head nurse! You should know!" she yelled.

Obviously I knew. I cared a lot about Grace and I didn't want her to be hibernated. I suggested to Hannah that they escaped before every patient was hibernated again.

"-and another thing...Wait. Are you even listening to me?"

I hope you've enjoyed it so far. Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me. I'll follow you back.

💟EchoStarLight468💟