Chapter 6 Friends (Jin's perspective)

Third Person POV Jin focus

Jin got home a little after midnight. He softly closed the door knowing that Tae wouldn't be up at this hour. As he walked into the living room he smirked when he saw a sleeping Tae on Jungkook's lap. He turned off the TV and walked to his bedroom to take a shower. He put the hair dye he picked up for Tae down and turned on his shower water. He was exhausted after going back to work to take care of some important business and he was stressed over the business trip he was supposed to take.

Deep down he knew he wasn't really stressed about the trip because he'd done thousands of negations before and he trusted Jungkook to care for Tae. No, he wasn't nervous about the trip but he was nervous about who he was doing this trip with. Kim Namjoon, the love of his life. He had loved him since the moment they started working together which was 3 years ago. They met in the middle of Jin's second year in college and had been really good friends since then.

Jin was whipped for Namjoon, it was really pathetic. Sometimes Namjoon would sit and talk about how he thought it was time to settle down and Jin would look at him like he hung the stars in the sky. He would silently plead with Namjoon to marry him and love him like he loved the younger, but sadly that wasn't his reality.

Jin stepped into the steamy shower and rubbed his body wash covered cloth over his body. He sighed as he felt some of the tension inside him relax and enjoyed the rest of the hot water. As he stepped out he was hit with a wave of exhaustion. He shook his head and dried his skin. When he got dressed he dived in the bed face first. 'Shit. I didn't take a picture of Tae and Jungkook,' he thought, but he didn't get up though because by the time he finished his thought sleep was already taking over.

Next Morning

Jin woke up feeling refreshed. He got up and brushed his teeth to get ready to cook breakfast. On his way to the living room he took out his phone prepared to take Jungkook and Tae's picture. He mentally awed at them before walking into the kitchen to get breakfast ready. He began to prepare Doenjang soup and rice for them.

He took out a SpongeBob themed bowl, plate, and sippy cup. Then he grabbed regular bowls and cups to set the table. When he finished setting the table he called Namjoon. "Hello," Namjoon said.

"Namjoon? Hey, I was um calling to tell you that Jungkook would be a bit late this morning," Jin said nervously.

"Okay. Oh and Jin hyung?"

"Yeah," Jin asked breathlessly.

"Good morning," Namjoon said hanging up.

Jin smiled at the phone, even though it was short, they still had a conversation. Then he started panicking because he forgot to tell Namjoon, the love of his life, 'Good morning'. After putting down his phone and distributing the food he went to the living room to wake up Jungkook and Tae.