Flashbacks Chapter 22

After getting himself together Jungkook joined Yoongi in making sure that Hoseok, Jimin, and Tae were okay. "Hoseok, you did not," Yoongi yelled scaring Tae and Jimin. Hoseok turned around sheepishly and tried to be cute, "They were being really good so I decided they deserved a treat." Yoongi grabbed Hoseok's arm and dragged him into the kitchen. "You had to give them chocolate ice cream on my white carpet?" Hoseok blushed and nodded. "Unbelievable," Yoongi muttered and walked back into the living with Tae and Jimin.

Jungkook watched as Yoongi's face became a bright red from anger when he saw the carpet had chocolate handprints every where. "Tae, baby, come over here so daddy can clean you up," Jungkook said. Tae giggled at the sticky feeling on his hands and walked over to Jungkook. "Look Daddy! Seokie gave us cream!" Jungkook nodded and grabbed Tae's wrist to lead him to the kitchen sink. As he rinsed his hands Hoseok came in with a pout. "I don't know why he's so mad, I mean its just a couple of stains," Hoseok mumbled.

"Hyung, how long have you had that carpet," Jungkook asked trying to help Hoseok figure out why Yoongi was mad. Hoseok thought, "For about two weeks." Jungkook looked at him expectedly, waiting for it to click in Hoseok brain. "Ooh, that's why." Jungkook frowned, "It could also be because chocolate leaves a dark stain." Hoseok turned a darker shade of red and ran out of the kitchen. "Daddy when are we leaving for Daegu," Tae asked. "As soon as Yoongi hyung is packed and ready to leave."

"Yoongi hyung is coming with us?" Jungkook nodded and dried Tae's hands. "Go sit and watch T.V. with Jiminie while I go and talk to Yoongi hyung," Jungkook said leading Tae to the living room. Tae nodded and sat on the couch beside a now clean Jimin. Jungkook went upstairs to a room that he could hear quiet mumbles coming from. "Hyung, are you ready," Jungkook asked through the door. "One second, Kook."

Jungkook walked back down the living room and collapsed on the couch. Right when he sat down Tae jumped on his lap. He didn't say a word, and just got comfortable on his lap. "Daddy isn't Eomma supposed to be coming home today," Tae asked as he shifted around Jungkook's lap. Jungkook didn't know how to respond and while he thought of an answer Yoongi and Hoseok came down the stair, giving him an excuse for not answering. "Remember what I told you, Hobi. No sweets after 5:00, he can't take his stuffed animals into the bathroom, and no letting him talk you into anything that you know you're not supposed to do," Yoongi said staring Hoseok right in the eye.

"I understand babe, calm down. Jiminie and I will be just fine, isn't that right baby," Hoseok said smiling at Jimin. "Yes, oppa," Jimin giggled. Yoongi dropped his bag onto the floor and hugged Jimin tightly, "Daddy will be back in a few days okay? I love you." Jimin kissed his cheek with a smile, "Love you too, Daddy." Yoongi ruffled his hair and picked up his bag, turning towards Jungkook and Tae. "You ready to go?" Jungkook shot off the couch and nodded, "Yeah let's go."

Tae followed behind them clumsily, watching as the two mumbled to each other low enough that he couldn't hear. When they got to the car Yoongi put Tae in while Jungkook put his bag in the truck. Both Jungkook and Yoongi decided that Yoongi should drive just in case Jungkook had a flashback. "Daddy, when is Eomma getting here," Tae asked from the backseat. Jungkook turned around with a forced smile, "We're going to see him really soon baby, I promise." Tae nodded and leaned back into the seat to get comfortable.

Jungkook turned back around and looked outside the window for most of the ride. Soon enough little snores were coming from the backseat making him genuinely smile. "Do you plan on telling him that Jin hyung and Namjoon are in the hospital," Yoongi asked not taking his eyes off the road. "I honestly don't know, do you think I should tell him," Jungkook asked. "I can't tell you that. Tae isn't my little, I don't know him like you and Jin hyung know him. If you think it'll be better to do it when we get to Daegu then that's on you, but if you think its better to do it now then do it now," Yoongi said.

Jungkook nodded and focused on the road. The stress from this situation was screwing with his head. He tried to focus harder on the road, but that wasn't helping. His hands started shaking, his breath shortened, and his eyes seemed to have blocked everything out. He clenched his fist trying to ignore the feeling, but he knew that wasn't going to help him. He was going to have to ride it out.

Jungkook walked home after his last class feeling terrible. His mother had stopped the medication and he knew he was in for it. His mother thought she knew and saw different things when she was off the medication and it always hurt him so when he walked home and saw her with all the lights off, sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette it wasn't a surprise. He put his stuff down by the door and tried to walk past her, but of course that couldn't have worked. "Did you meet with them today? Did you tell them all of the secret knowledge you gain from me," She said calmly. "Eomma, you haven't taken your medicine today, do you want me to get it for you," Jungkook asked walking to the kitchen. "You think you're so smart, huh? You think you can make me seem crazy, like I've lost my mind," She asked. 

Even from across the room Jungkook could see the glint of madness in her eyes and he knew that the mother he used to know was gone. She got off the couch and into his face in record time. She dragged him down into the basement by his arms not letting him get a chance to catch his footing. Once she made it into the basement she grabbed a rope. Jungkook shook his head in fear and tried to run away. Right when he made it to the stairs she grabbed his ankle and pulled him back roughly. He hit his head on the steps making him see stars and lose the ability to use his arms for a moment. He was dazed and couldn't make sense of anything until she got into his face.

"I know they sent you! Who are you and where is my son," his mother screamed into his face. Ten year old Jungkook flinched as spit came flying at his face. "I'm not going to ask you again. Who are you and where is my son," the sound of skin against skin echoed through the house. She slapped him and made his skin feel like it was on fire. Jungkook cried, "I'm your son, Jeon Jungkook. Eomma please, you're hurting me!" There was a humorless laugh from his mother as she watched him squirm and cry.

"I promise I'll do a lot more to you than hurt you if you don't tell me who you are." There was a kick against his face. He would have covered his face but his hands were tied behind his back. There was another kick, but this time to his stomach, making the contents of his lunch spew out all over the floor. His heartbeat was so loud in his ears, and his face felt so hot. Sweat was getting into his eyes making them burn more than they were already, and making him cry and whimper harder. "JUNGKOOK!"

"JUNGKOOK," Yoongi yelled as he tried to get him to calm down. It hurt his heart to see Jungkook that way, tears and sweat all over his face. Pain, the only emotion to be seen in his eyes, written all over his face. Yoongi pulled over and ran to Jungkook side of the car. He grabbed Jungkook's face trying to get him to snap out of it.

Tae, who was in the backseat, heard Yoongi's scream and woke up startled. He saw him holding onto Jungkook's face screaming his name and he was scared. He climbed through the car and sat onto Jungkook's lap with tears streaming down his face. "Daddy. Daddy please, I'm scared. Please look at Yoonie hyung and tell him that you're okay," Tae begged pushing his wet face into Jungkook's neck.

Jungkook could hear Yoongi screaming his name, but he couldn't do anything. Then he felt a weight on his lap and Tae begging for him to be okay, that jumped started something in him and he fought to come back to his senses. He didn't like scaring Tae, he liked hearing the cute little giggles and him ramble about the dumbest things. He fought with all he had to clear his mind and see Tae again.

Slowly his eyes allowed him to see again and the first place he looked was his lap. Tae was there crying into his shirt begging for him to stop scaring him and it broke his heart. "Baby boy, I'm sorry. I'm okay, we're okay," Jungkook whispered as he ran his fingers lightly over Tae's arms. Tae looked up into Jungkook's eyes and saw a look he was all too familiar with: exhaustion. Not physical exhaustion, but mental exhaustion. The exhaustion that didn't always get better with some sleep, but actually required something more. Something that only certain people could give: hope and love.

"Kook, you gave us one hell of a scare there. Care to tell us next time you feel like scaring the shit out of us again," Yoongi asked as he collapsed in front of the car door. Jungkook smiled and nodded, he had a lot of work to be done within himself, but as long as his friends and his boyfriends stood by him he would be fine.

This chapter... is something. I hope you enjoy.