Inner-Caregiver Chapter 13

Jungkook stared after Taehyung as he ran up the stairs. He slowly walked upstairs and knocked on the door, "Taehyung are you okay?" He didn't get a reply so he just went back downstairs and thought about what to do. 'I have to call Jin hyung.'

Jungkook paced around before lifting the phone to his ear. "Hello," Jin's voice came out of the phone. "Hey, Jin hyung.' He could hear panic in Jin's voice, "What happened?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows, "What makes you think somethings wrong?"

"I can hear the anxiety in you voice," Jin said. Jungkook winced at how obvious he was. "Fair enough, but something did happen in all seriousness." Jin sighed, "What happened?" Jungkook walked to the kitchen to grab Taehyung phone, "There was a phone call from an Unknown Caller and Taehyung answered it. I heard some yelling, but I didn't try to listen. After he hung up he ran upstairs and locked the door, now he won't come out." There was a pause from the other end of the line before he heard Jin's voice again.

"Can you tell me what the number was," Jin asked. Jungkook unlocked Taehyung's phone with Jin's help and read him the number. "I can't believe she did this. Okay, um, that number was someone that he never should have spoken to so you have a big problem on your hands. I would handle this myself, but I'm not there so listen to me very carefully. He's trying to shut off his emotions which will hurt him in the end so I need you to help him see that it's not a terrible thing to feel. I need you to channel the inner-caregiver in you and help him. I'm giving you permission to pick the lock on the door and comfort him. You don't have to talk, but you have to listen and if he's still out of headspace, help him to get back into little space."

"Hyung, how am I supposed to do that," Jungkook asked. "You've done it before so do it again, I have faith in you so don't let me down. Tell Taehyung I love him and I'll call again really soon. Bye," Jin said before hanging up. Jungkook took in a big breath, held it, and then let it go. 'Alright, Kook you got this.'

Jungkook walked up the stairs slowly and tried Taehyung's doorknob hoping that it was unlocked. He twisted it slowly and did a small happy dance because it was unlock. He walked in slowly and saw Taehyung sobbing on the floor. His heart broke for him so he just sat on the floor beside him and whispered comforting words in his ear while running his fingers through his hair.

Taehyung's cries lasted for a while before they died down. He got up and tried to push Jungkook away because of his embarrassment. "Let go of me," Taehyung yelled struggling against Jungkook. Jungkook didn't say anything and held him tighter. Finally Taehyung relaxed and wrapped his arms around Jungkook. "I don't know what they want from me anymore," Taehyung cried as he broke down into another fit of tears.

"Baby boy just let it all out. Don't try and stop it, "Jungkook whispered repeatedly in Taehyung's hair. Taehyung sobbed harder and soon the sobs became coughs because he couldn't breathe. "Hey, shh relax just a little bit,"Jungkook said as he felt the coughs ripple through Taehyung's body. A few minutes later Taehyung's cries became simple sniffles and snores.

"You're okay. Jin hyung and I, we're going to make sure you stay okay," Jungkook said as he laid Taehyung down in his bed. He looked him over and sat in the rocking chair to make sure Taehyung didn't wake up crying. While watching he fell asleep and ignored the creaking of the old wood in the chair.

Jungkook woke up to the sound of harsh sobs coming from Taehyung. Quickly he ran to the bed and kneeled beside it. "Baby boy. Calm down, I'm right here it's just a dream. Shh." Taehyung didn't wake up but he did grip onto Jungkook's hand for dear life. When Jungkook tried to pull his hand away Taehyung whimpered softly, so he gave up and just crawled in the bed beside Taehyung.

While shifting to get comfortable on the bed Taehyung woke up the slightest bit and Jungkook put his lips close to Taehyung ear, "Shh, go back to sleep. I'm not going anywhere." Jungkook watched as Taehyung wrapped his arms around his waist lightly. Instead of moving some more Jungkook just laid on his side facing Taehyung.

The arms around his waist tightened and Taehyung laid his head on Jungkook's chest with a soft sigh. Jungkook smiled and ran his fingers lightly over Taehyung's arms. He hummed softly to a new song that he, Jimin, and Jin were working for work. "I love you, baby boy. I just need to understand you though.