21: I think that makes you a troublesome person, right?

Matching

Me: Wow, you're home early, mom. Weren't you going to drop by the phone store after work today?

Mrs. Ordinary: I did but I couldn't get the phone I wanted so I went home.

Me: They didn't have it in stock?

Mrs. Ordinary: They only had it in silver.

Me: So?

Mrs. Ordinary: I wanted the rose gold one!

Me: ...Why?

Mrs. Ordinary: My bag, wallet and sunglasses are all rose gold so I need a rose gold phone to match!

Me: But it won't matter what colour the phone is when you have a case on it.

Mrs. Ordinary: I still want the rose gold one! They said they'll have it in stock after two weeks so I'll just wait before I switch in mines.

[Two weeks later]

Me: Did you get your rose gold phone yet?

Mrs. Ordinary: Not yet...they said there was a delay. I'll have to wait another week.

[One week later]

Me: So how did it go?

Mrs. Ordinary: I got the silver phone...

Me: So you gave up huh.

Mrs. Ordinary: They sold me a rose gold case to go with it.

Me: Ah.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Difficult

Still: You're still up, Very?

Me: Yup, I need to study for this exam. It was pushed back and then I totally forgot about altogether. I'll probably have to pull some all-nighters.

Still: One of my friends did that once. His mom threatened to not take him on their family vacation if he didn't pull his grades up. Right before finals he slept as little as possible to make up for the lack of studying he did during the year.

Me: And then?

Still: During one exam, he fell asleep.

Me: ...Is this the same friend who got a zero on one test because he forgot to put his name on it and then messed up a different test by skipping a multiple choice question, forgetting about it and then accidentally moving all his answers up by one?

Still: That's the one...Yeah, honestly I don't know if Close Friend B will be graduating.

Me: You don't particularly seem sympathetic.

Still: He did this to himself. The sad thing is he's not even that dumb. If he tried he could get decent grades. I don't know how his parents deal with him. If I had a kid that difficult I'd be so frustrated.

Mrs. Ordinary [entering the room]: You guys haven't slept yet?

Still: I'm going to bed soon but Very's staying up to study. I just telling her a story about one of my friends.

Me: Our Still of all people is saying that she doesn't understand how her friend's parents deal with having a difficult kid like him.

Mrs. Ordinary: The irony.

Me: I know right.

Still: What?

Me: You don't get it?

Still: Get what?

Mrs. Ordinary [chuckling]: Well, honey, you're also kind of a difficult kid to raise.

Still: I am not!

Me: Really doesn't take criticism well.

Still: Hey!

Mrs. Ordinary: Yeah, you were and still are a handful. I remember one Mother's Day you made me a card at school with a little drawing of me in it. When your dad asked why the drawing of me looked kind of funny, you answered that it looked like that because you made it real to life...Then one Father's Day you gave your dad a construction paper tie with a moon sticker on it. When we asked you why you put a moon sticker on it, you said the moon reminded you of your dad because it was big and round...

Me: I remember those incidents...

Mrs. Ordinary: Yeah, it took us a while to recover from that.

Still [frowning]: What was wrong with what I did?

Me: The fact that you don't understand why your actions were wrong is what makes you a difficult kid.

Still: Tch.