Reality

As I said before, all charaters belong to J k Rowling!

Also, if you read this story, would you please be kind enough to put a short comment on what you liked. No mean ones though! Thankyou!

I dedicated this to RoseOfZion because she was the first to read/comment on my story. Thanks :)

It is already my 7th year in Hogwarts. A lot of things have changed since that fateful day when I first rode the Hogwarts Express except for one thing: my loathing of Potter.

"That's what James Freaking Potter always does!" I screamed, slammed the diary I’ve had since my first year atHogwartsshut and threw it into my trunk. “Hurtpeople!"

I am absolutely seething with rage! Today will be the first day of my stay with the Potters and I know I will absolutely hate it.

It all started when Mum and Dad decided that they would rent an apartment in Cornwall for this summer. We bookedit for four, Mum, Dad, Tuney and me. But then Tuney decided to invite her whale of a boyfriend, Vernon, to come with us. That left one ofeither Mum or Dad or me without a place.

My Mum sent me an owl during the last week telling meaboutthis.  To solve the problem, I offered to just stayat Hogwarts over the summer. I told this to my best friend, Alice Prewett, butto my dismay, Potter overheard.

"You can't stay at Hogwarts over the summer!" he laughed. "I thought someone as smart as you could figure that out!"

The next day, I received an owl from Potter's mum telling me that she would be delighted to have me over for the holidays, and that she had arranged everything with my mum.

I was so furious I wouldn't speak to any of the marauders- even Remus- for the rest of term.

This is my second day back home, and also the day I leave for the Potter's.

Checking my room once more, I fastened the straps around my trunk tightly. I sighed. If it weren't for Vernon, I wouldn't have to stay with Potter. I don't know who I hate the most.

On second thought, I do. It's Potter.

DownstairsI heard a knock on the door. I walked down the stairs yelling, "I'll get it!"

If luck was on my side, it might be Sev, coming to apologize for calling me the 'M' word two years ago.

But luck was never in my favor. When I answered the door, Potter stood there grinning.Behind him was a middle-aged man I assumed to be his father.

"Hello Lily," Potter's Dadsaid. "Have you got your trunk? I'll put it on the broom for you."

"Sure," I replied in a monotone. "I'll just go get it."

"I ran inside and pulled my trunk down the stairs. When I reached the doorway, I yelled "Goodbye Mum," and handed my trunk to Potter's dad. He bewitched it to tie itself to the back of an old, battered Comet. He then sat down in front of it.

"Hey Evans," James said, speaking for the first time today. "You're riding with me."

"Great," I saidsarcastically.

"Oh and Evans?" Potter continued. "Will you go out with me?"

"NO!" I shrieked. What is wrong with this boy? He's been asking me out ever since we started at Hogwarts and I have said no every time! How many no's should I tell him before he gets the message that I’d rather eat dung flavored Bertie Botts  Every Flavored Beans than go out with him?!

James placed me on the front of his broom, claiming that it is the best position to catch me if I fall off. Like that is ever going to happen. I may not be as good as he is at flying, but I can still balance on a broom.  We rose steadfast in the air. The brooms flew through the air, and the wind breezed gently through my ginger locks. It was such a smooth journey that Potter's hands left the broom and rested on my waist. Wait a minute! Potter's hands are on my waist?

"Get your stupid hands off my waist Potter if you wish to see daylight again!" I growled at him.

"No problem Evans," he told me, before moving them down to my hips.

"Potter, if we were not in the air, I would have hexed you by now!" I screamed at him.

"Ah, but Evans, we are," James replied, but he moved his hands nonetheless.

After a painful forty-five minutes, we arrived at Potter's house. Or should I say mansion? It was enormous.

"WOW!" I exclaimed.

"Knew you'd like it," Potter said as he walked past me, carrying the Comet and Shooting Star. His Dad followed, carrying my case. I followed both of them to the door.

Potter's dad unlocked the door and I followed them into their Mansion. Before I could get more than four steps in, Potter's mum swept down. She kissed both Potter and his dad, and then turned to face me.

"Hello. Lily isn't it?" she greeted me. "I've heard so much about you!"

"Uhm..." I had no idea what Potter had told his mum about me, but if it was something Potter said, it is bound to be all lies.

"I'll just call Blinky and she will show you to your room," Potter's mum continued. "BLINKY!"

She then turned to Potter and said "James, go make sure Sirius is alright. You know how immature he is. He could have hurt himself."

Sirius? I thought. He didn't live here. Or did he? This day was getting a whole lot worse.

Soon, a battered looking house-elf appeared.

"Right Lily, you just follow Blinky to your room," Potter's mum told me. "When you've finished unpacking, shout for James and he'll show you around the house, okay?"

"Okay," I mumbled before following Blinky, who was carrying my trunk up the stairs. She led me up two flights of stairs, various corridors and a large hall. I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings; however, I took in enough to realize that Potter's parents were die-hard Gryffindors.

When we reached my room, Blinky opened the door and went in. She placed my trunk on the bed, and then exited.

"Thank you Blinky," I told the house-elf. I walked into the room, and sat down on a white-and-pink floral chair.

Outside the door, Blinky was still standing.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"There's a thin line between love and hate, Miss Lily," Blinky solemnly told me before scuttling away.

A/N I do not know if the font changes on Wattpad, but if it does I am sorry. This was copied and pasted in from word :D