Settling in

Again, all the characters belong to J K Rowling. Without her, this story wouldn't have a chance of exsisting. 

There's a thin line between love and hate? What's that supposed to mean? Love and hate are polar opposites.

Deciding not to ponder on Blinky's strange parting phrase any longer, I looked around the room. It's all done up in shades of pink and white. The bed spread matched the floral chair, as well as the curtains. There is a set of white drawers, a beautiful white dressing table and a pair of white double doors I presumed led to a wardrobe. On the floor, my feet sunk into a fluffy pink carpet, the exact same shade as the walls.

On the other side of the room, there was a sliding double door. When I opened it, it led to a beautiful balcony. Climbing plants, creepers and flowers covered the space. In the center, a small pond lay andin the centre of the pond was a pure white lily.

Half an hour later, I finished unpacking. Sinking down into my bed, I kicked off my shoes and sighed. I feel tired and I wanted to go home!

I think I must have dozed off because I woke up to someone impatiently knocking on the door.

"Coming," I groaned grumpily. I hate it when people wake me up! I stumbled to the door, and yanked it open. Outside stood Sirius, grinning.

"What do you want Sirius?" I shrieked at him.

"Hey Evans!" he said backing away with his hands raised. "Mrs. P. just wanted me to ask you if you had finished unpacking because dinner's ready."

"Thanks Sirius. Sorry I shouted at you."

"No problem Lily flower."

I just sighed.

Tea with the Potters was a strange affair. After properly introducing themselves as Rebbeca and Henry, Potter's parents chatted with each other about the upcoming election for theMinister of Magic.

Potter and Sirius seemed to be talking in their usual way calling each other 'Prongs' and 'Padfoot,' talking about 'Moony' and 'Wormtail' and scheming about jokes and pranks. I was left minding my own business.

The food was served by the Potters' three house elves, Blinky, Dinky and Toki. The menu consisted of pumpkin soup and warm bread for starters; beef stew and potatoes for main, and cake for dessert. After miniscule portions of each, I was stuffed, but Potter managed a second helping and Sirius even worked his way through his third!

After he finished shoveling grub into his mouth, James turned to me.

"So, Evans, you ready for that tour of the house?"

"Yeah if I must," I added under my breath.

James led me through corridors saying "This is my bathroom, this is yours andthis is Sirius's. This is the Quidditch room. This is the library"

"Wait!" I told him. "You have a library!"

"Yeah," he said, as if it was no big deal. "Do you want to go inside?"

"Sure."

James pushed open the brown, wooden door and gestured for me to go inside.

There were rows and rows of books: new and old, shabby and glossy, ones onfiction and nonfiction. In the cornerwas a selection of chairs, clustered around a small, blazing fire.The walls were decorated with family photographs. The first few were of Rebecca and Henry at home, at their wedding, and surprisingly, at Hogwarts. There were various pictures of Remus, Sirius, Peter and Potter. There were also a few of a beautiful girl, with glossy, black hair.

"Who's that?" I asked Potter.

"Oh," he sighed. "That's Nadine, she was my older sister."

"Was?" I asked curiously.

"She died the day before she went to Hogwarts. I was only seven. Nadine was everything to me. She had promised to bring me back a Gryffindor scarf and bed-sheet. On the thirty-first of August, she decided she would go and say goodbye to her Muggle friend, Tracy. On the way, she was shot by a muggle. I miss her so much."

Tears began to trickle from his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck in a quick hug.

"I'm so sorry James," I told him, before leaving him to cry in peace.

It's only when I reached my room that I realized I called him James.