Insecure

Once again, I am just saying that all the characters in this chapter belong to J K Rowling. Also this chapter should have been up earlier, but I had the flu. REALLY SORRY!!! 

I cried and cried, until I could cry no more. I could feel a giant, wet patch, where my face rested against James's chest. But I didn't want to move. Apart from the wet patch, I felt oddlycomfortable.

After a while, James tried to restart the conversation.

"Do you feel any better now?" he asked.

"Yeah, a bit," I replied.

"I don't mean to be insensitive, but did you find out in that letter you got at breakfast?"

"Yeah"

"Do you mind if I read it?"

I sat up, and passed him the scrunched up letter. Since I hadn't read the whole thing myself, I leant my head against him, and read over his shoulder

Dear Lily,

                Firstly I would never do anything like this, like your people do, unless it was an emergency. So know you know two things. One, this is an emergency, and two, yes, this is from Petunia.

Well I need to get this out. Something terrible happened yesterday and it's all YOUR fault. Mum and dad were murdered by some of YOUR folk! I found them dead on the floor, with a hooded figure next to them. He ran before Vernon arrived. But he left his stick that you call wands behind. I caught a glimpse of his face, and he seemed strangely familiar. But I am SURE I have never seen him before in the flesh. Maybe I saw him in a photo?

So, anyway, yesterday I spent the whole day crying. And yes Lily, you had better feel guilty because it's all your fault.

Petunia

I read quicker than James, so I watched him as he read the last paragraph. He looked angry and upset.

"I cannot believe your sister could say something like that," James told me, after he had finished reading the letter. "She doesn't deserve such an amazing girl as her sister."

I smiled inwardly at James.

"Thanks," I say. "But she is right. It is my fault. I'm a freak!"

"You are not a freak Lily," James said. "And don't you ever listen to anyone telling you that you are"

"I'm different from everyone at home. Of course I'm a freak."

"You're different. So what? Listen to me Lily," James placed his hands on my shoulders and held me at arm's length.

"You are an amazing, kind, friendly, beautiful, loyal, and intelligent person. Anyone who calls you, or even thinks you're a freak, is obviously either jealous or stupid. So don't ever let anyone get you down."

"You really think that?" I asked him.

"Of course I do Lily," he replied. "I always have."

And then, the unthinkable came. He kissed me lightly on the lips.