Yeah Potter, I will

So, as promised, this chapter has been uploaded in the same week as the last. :) Enjoy ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO J K ROWLING 

Knock knock! Knock knock!

Someone rapped loudly at my bedroom door, interrupting my not-so-pleasant recollection.

"Come in!" I called.

The door swung open, and James stepped inside.

"Lily, I am so sorry. Please forgive me." He kneeled down on the floor, clasped his hands together and pouted.

"What on earth are you doing?" I asked him. "And what are you apologizing for?"

"Wait a second." He got up off the floor and came over to where I sat."You aren't mad at me?"

"No."

"Will you excuse me for a second?" he asked.

"Sure."

James walked out of the doorway. A few seconds later I heard him scream:  "Yes! I kissed Lily Evans and she isn't mad at me!"

A few seconds later he came back into the room.

"You know heard that James," I told him.

"So? It's true isn't it?"

I just gave him that 'well, what do you think?' look and rolled my eyes.

"So, it's true."

"Yes, I have to admit, it is true. But why did you do it in the first place?"

"Lily, I wanted to be your first kiss before you ran away with someone else and it was too late”

"Oh, James," I say, as I fling my arms around his neck. "But you weren't the first person to kiss me."

James picked me up and placed me on my bed. He stared right into my eyes.

"Who was?" he asked.

"I think you know who, James." I told him.

He stood up straight, fuming with anger,"When I next see Remus I am going to curse him until he..."

"James!" I yelled. "It wasn't Remus!"

"But he was the only guy you have ever dated. At least, that I know about."

"Yes, I know he was the only guy I dated, but I only dated him for a week to annoy you!"

"Well thanks," James told me. "But who was it then? Please tell me Lily."

"It was Severus," I mumbled. James started to fume again.

"I have always hated that Snivellous," he raged. "But he has just crossed the line!"

"Actually, he crossed the line two years ago."

"WHAT?"

"You heard me James. Anyway, why are you acting like this? It's none of your business who I do and don't kiss. You're not my boyfriend!"

"I wish I was," he mumbled. I barely heard him.

"Come again?" I asked.

"I said I wish I was."

"What? I asked, slightly confused.

"Lily, I have loved you since our first year at Hogwarts. One of the main reasons I hate Snivellous so much is that you like him more than me. Yes, I got mad when you told me he kissed you, because I was jealous. Jealous! It nearly killed me inside when you ran upstairs crying, after receiving that letter. That is why I was the one who came to comfort you. Not my mum, but me. I love you Lily."

I just stared at James in shock. His face looked sincere; I could tell that he wasn't pulling my leg like usual. I really couldn't believe it. Thinking I was pretty and smart was one thing, but this was on a whole new level.

"I really don't know what to say, James."

"Ok, just answer this." He grinned. "Hey Evans, will you go out with me?"

I can’t remember how many times he has asked me that since we were just first years at Hogwarts, and how many times I had made it clear that I did not wish to go out with him. My instinct commanded me that I tell him NO. But as I looked at his face and the sincerity in his eyes I wasn’t able to stop myself from whispering…

"Yeah Potter, I will."