I Promise (2)

"I still can't believe that out of all the places I offered to take you, you chose Maui." Damon laughed as we dragged our suitcases across the airport.

"You clearly haven't been here before." I rolled my eyes. "It's the most relaxing place in the world. You want to see me smile again, this was the place to take me."

"We'll see." Damon laughed, sending me a wink as we stepped outside of the building and were met with a blast of hot air.

                                       ***

"Okay, I hate to admit it, but you were right. This is relaxing."

I grinned over at Damon where he lay next to me in a lawn chair. "See? I told you."

"It almost beats Paris or Rome."

"I'll never know unless you take me there."

"Oh, I plan on it." Damon replied, standing up from his chair and tugging off his shirt. "I'm going to cool off in the water. Want to come?"

"I'm okay." I shook my head, adjusting myself on the lawn chair before looking back down at my book. "I'm not much of a water person."

"Doubtful, but we can always work on that."

I looked up to respond with a sassy comment, but my eyes caught sight of Damon standing over me in nothing but his swim trunks and I was at a loss for words.

"Like what you see?" He teased.

"What? Uh... No!" I stammered, bringing my gaze back to my book.

I heard Damon chuckle lightly before he began to trudge his way to the water. As he did so, I peaked up over my book and watched his back muscles as he walked away. I almost drooled when he turned around. His body was perfect. He had nice arm muscles, not too big, but big enough to still fawn over. His abs were tempting enough to touch, and he had thick veins on his forearms that made me think thoughts about him that I normally would never have. As my eyes trailed up his body, I scanned over his sharp jawline, perfect lips, and icy blue eyes that I loved. I was so fixed on checking him out that I didn't notice that he had caught me a second time. When he started to make his way back up the beach, I panicked, trying to look deep into my book.

"Having a nice time up here?" Damon smirked as he squatted down next to me. I didn't answer. "Oh, the silent treatment. Are you upset that I caught you checking me out?"

"Shut up, Damon. I'm trying to read." I tried to answer as calmly as possible, despite the fact that he was squatting right next to me, his dripping wet abs in a close enough distance to touch.

"I don't think you're actually reading." Damon chuckled. "You were on page one hundred and six when I left. What are you on now?"

My eyes bulged when I saw that I was still on the same page. Quickly trying to think of way out of this predicament, I closed the book on my thumb and turned to him.

"Does it matter?"

"Didn't get far, did you?"

"I read five pages."

"Liar." Damon teased, reaching forward to snatch the book from my hand. "Let me see, here. One hundred and six. Look's like you read, what? A total of five whole sentences?"

"Go to hell, Damon." I huffed.

"Come in the water with me, Callie."

"I told you I'm not much of a water person."

"Come in the water with me, Callie." Damon repeated with a stern expression.

"I told you no."

Smiling deviously, Damon slid his hands to my waist, standing me up on the ground before yanking off my cover up. I squealed, never being so exposed before in front of him, and wrapped my arms around my waist.

"You never told me how good you look in a bikini, Cal."

I scowled at him. "I hate you."

"No you don't." He laughed, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder like I was as light as a feather.

"Damon!" I growled, feeling his cheek brush against my left ass cheek as he walked.

This asshole knew exactly what he was doing.

"Down we go." He commented as he slid my body off of his and eased me into the water.

I squealed again, feeling the cold, waist deep water around my body. As I looked up, he was ginning from ear to ear.

"There. Now you can check me out up close."

My eyes narrowed as I sent him a death glare. "Who are you kidding? You did this so you could check me out up close."

"Guilty." He laughed, placing his hands on my hips. "I like seeing this side of you. You're always so conservative in Mystic Falls."

"Yeah, well, don't get used to it. This only happened because you have vampire strength and I couldn't fight back even if I wanted to."

"If it wasn't for my vampire strength, Klaus would have taken your blood, and you'd be dead." He chuckled as I continued to scowl up at him. "So, you're welcome, by the way."

"I wasn't thanking you."

"Boy, someone is in a mood."

"I told you I'm not a water person. You didn't listen."

"Are you cold, Cal?" He teased.

"I'm cold and wet and I'm hungry."

"Well, if you're cold, I can warm you up." Damon wiggled his eyebrows, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against his hot body. I felt myself shiver. "As for the other two, I like it when a girl is soaked and hungry for a passionate night only I can provide."

"You're an ass." I rolled my eyes, pushing against his chest, but he held me against him.

"Don't deny it, Callie. You want me as badly as I want you. Think about it. If we start this now, we have the rest of the trip to explore our options. If we wait, we could be missing out on a great opportunity."

"Are you trying to talk me into sleeping with you?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Maybe."

"Klaus tried to drain me of my blood. My life was on the line, and I had to have three vampires guarding my house to make sure that I wasn't harmed. I'm a fragile human who came on vacation with a vampire, trying to celebrate not dying, and you're asking me if I want to sleep with you?"

"Come on, Callie-" Damon sighed before I cut him off.

"Damon, I couldn't think of anything better." I smiled softly.

"Are you being serious?"

"Of course. The reason I was so hesitant was because I thought this was only one sided. I had no idea you felt the same way."

"What do you mean? Of course I did. I've had feelings ever since I met you. You're an amazing young woman, and in death, you make me feel the most alive."

"I can't believe this is happening." I whispered, letting out a quiet giggle.

"I'm going to rock your world, Cal." Damon purred in my ear.

"You promise?" I asked, running my hands along his toned chest.

"I promise."

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋