To The Rescue

Plot request by MarthaBelin 💕

-

Damon Salvatore stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom, non-ashamedly checking his reflection out when his phone started to ring. He groaned aloud when he saw the icon indicating that his brother was calling, quickly pressing the ignore button. Turning his attention back to the mirror, he flashed himself a smirk and toyed with the seem of the towel wrapped around his waist. Before he could do anything else, his phone began to ring again.

"What!" He snapped loudly the second he answered the call. "This better be important, Stefan, because I'm fairly busy."

"You need to get to the high school now." Stefan's voice sounded strained.

"What could possibly be so important-"

"It's Elisabeth."

"I'll be there in five." Damon spoke quickly, hanging up the phone.

On the other side of the line, Stefan sighed heavily and slid his phone back into the pocket of his jacket. Turning his attention back to the door of the women's bathroom, he gently knocked, Caroline's face emerging seconds later.

"How is she?"

"Still locked up in the bathroom stall." Caroline met his gaze with her worried one. "She won't talk to me or Bonnie about what happened, nor will she come out. I don't know what to do, but we can't force her to do what we want."

"It's alright." Stefan tried to reassure her. "I called backup."

"Who?"

"My brother."

"Seriously?" Caroline scoffed. "I get that they've been dating for a month or two, but you really think that he can get her to come out?"

"It's the best shot we have." Stefan replied.

Seconds later, Damon came jogging up, his raven black hair tousled and his eyes full of concern.

"What happened?" He asked quickly, his gaze flicking back and forth between Caroline and Stefan.

"Some of the cheerleaders made a big commotion in the cafeteria today. I wasn't totally sure what went on, but all I know is that one moment they were talking to Elisabeth, and the next, their trays of food were dumped on her head." Stefan replied.

"I'm going to kill them." Damon growled deeply, clenching his fists.

"I will deal with the cheerleaders." Caroline cut him off. "Your job is to do whatever you can to get her out from that bathroom stall. And remember, be nice."

"I know, I know. Now move over."

"I'm serious, Damon. One wrong move and I will pummel you."

"I'd like to see you try."