Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

Ariana Grande just dropped an album & this song gave me so much inspiration !! I hope u all love it 🖤 (ps if u haven't listened to the thank u next album yet, please do it's absolutely amazing)

recommended song:
break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored by Ariana Grande

-

I normally am not one to get jealous, but seeing Elena with him made the blood in my veins boil like molten lava. As I sat at the bar watching them, my hands clenched tightly into a fist, my nails digging into the sensitive skin of my palms. I had come to this damn club because of the desperate "girls night" that Caroline and Bonnie said we needed. I had only agreed to try and get him out of my head. At least for one night of fun. But, much to my dismay, he showed up, probably per Elena's request.

I had felt an immense attraction towards Damon Salvatore since the moment we met, and if my instincts were correct, he felt it too. But the thing was, he was with Elena. And I couldn't stand it. I hadn't moved here that long ago, but I had spent enough time with the bitch to know how self absorbed she was. She only cared about herself and I knew Damon deserved someone better. Someone that would treat him like the sexy vampire that he was. Someone who wouldn't snap in half the moment someone threatened her. Someone who could hold her own. Someone like me.

As I sipped on my gin and tonic, angrily chewing the straw, I caught gazes with Damon, Elena grinding against him on the dance floor. His icy blue eyes met mine and shivers ran up the entire length of my body.

He was so damn hot.

"Hey, cutie." I turned to see the bartender, who had been eyeing me for a good fifteen minutes now, standing behind the counter with his elbows resting on the polished wood. "Can I get you another drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good." I replied, my eyes still glued on Damon.

"Are you sure? It's on the house."

"I said no." I snapped, whipping around to face him, my eyes flickering as I fought the urge to snap his neck in half.

"You seem tense, doll." He whispered, watching me carefully. "Your boyfriend with another girl?"

"What?" I snapped.

"The guy you're staring at. Is that your boyfriend?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, thinking slowly before answering. "No, he's my friend's boyfriend. But he'll be mine soon."

The bartender raised his eyebrows with an impressed expression. "He'd be lucky to have a confident woman like you. If he hasn't realized that by now, I don't think he ever will."

"What makes you the judge?" I sneered.

"I'm a bartender. I see this sort of shit happen every night. Trust me, sweetheart."

Although he did seem like he was trying to help, I hated the name sweetheart. In a split instant, I grasped the back of his head, tangling my fingers in his hair as I slammed his forehead into the counter, knocking him out cold. As his body slid to the floor with a soft thump, I let out an irritated sigh.

"Don't call me sweetheart."

Already fed up with the night, I tossed back the remainder of my drink and slammed the glass down on the table, turning to leave. I was over this entire night. But, before I even had a change to escape before I did something irrational, I was caught by Bonnie and Caroline in the crowd.

"Vera, where are you going?" Caroline demanded with watchful eyes.

"Home." I replied nonchalantly. "I'm not in the mood to party anymore."

"Why not?" Bonnie frowned. "This is so much fun."

"I'm over it." I shook my head, moving to leave. "I'm going home."

"Not so fast." Caroline caught my wrist. "Have one last dance with us. Then you can be a party pooper and go home, okay?"

"Fine." I rolled my eyes as I followed them into the crowd.

Before long, we reached Damon and Elena, and I felt sick all over again.

Great. This is just want I wanted to avoid.

As we reached them, Elena gave a cheery drunk greeting and swayed her way over to us. When she tripped over her own foot, Caroline moved quickly to steady her.

"Woah there, dance machine. Take it easy." Damon laughed, coming to us.

"I don't feel so good." Elena muttered before her hand flew to her mouth. "I think I'm gonna..."

"Move!" Caroline hoisted Elena up underneath the armpits and she and Bonnie dragged her to the bathroom. When Damon tried to follow, Caroline stopped him. "Stay here. We got this."

"But what about Elena?" Damon gave her a concerned look.

"Your job is to watch Vera. Make sure she doesn't go home."

This was the first time Damon and I have ever gotten a significant time alone. I couldn't believe it. This was my chance.

"You were trying to escape, huh?" Damon teased as he turned back towards me.

"I'm kinda over the whole club setting." I responded. "I wanted to go do something fun."

"Like?"

"You ever hunted at night in the woods?"

"Are you kidding?" Damon laughed. "I'm the king of hunting in the woods."

"Have you ever tried knocking someone out and letting them wake up in the middle of nowhere, only to hunt them down again?"

"Never thought about it."

"I highly recommend. The thrill of the chase is exhilarating."

"Maybe sometime you'll have to show me."

"You'll never go back to hunting normally." I chuckled.

Damon hummed softly, looking back towards the bathrooms.

"She'll be fine." I commented. "Caroline is an excellent nurse. Elena will be one hundred percent herself by morning."

"I know." He nodded. "I just worry sometimes."

"Doesn't it ever get exhausting dating a human?" I wondered, watching him turn to look at me with inquisitive eyes. "I mean, they're so fragile and weak. It must get tiring having to make sure she's always okay. Not to mention the fact that you probably have to hold back all the time. You really need someone a lot sturdier. More your speed."

"Oh yeah?" Damon whispered, taking a step closer to me. "Like ... you?"

I lifted my chin to meet his piercing gaze. Sure, he was intimidating, but I sure as hell wasn't going to back down. I had waited too long for this.

"I'm most definitely no human." I replied. "And I can guarantee, in the bedroom, you could be as rough as you wanted. I don't break easily."

Damon stared at me intensely, seeming to ponder whether or not he wanted to take me up on my offer. I could see the wheels turning in his head like clockwork, and I could tell the decision would be a difficult one. As much as he loved Elena, I knew he hated to hold back. And, there was definitely that intrigue for me. I could see it in the way his eyes blackened with lust as we spoke. After taking one last glance towards the bathroom, he turned back to me with a wicked smirk.

"You don't break easily?" He taunted playfully. "I think I'd like to test that myself."

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋