I should have.

Naya pov's:

"N-Naya? Naya wake up."

I opened my eyes and saw Selena staring at me. "Selena? Where am I?"

"Hospital. Honey, do you remember anything?"

"I-I was at the market, what am I doing here?" I looked at Selena and Nick. They both looked devastated.

"Nay, that was yesterday."

"Yesterday? What do you mean?" I touched my head.

Selena sighed and handed me a letter. "Remember I gave you this? A letter from Demi."

"Demi...Oh my god, Demi. Where is she? Is she ok?"

Nick had tears in his eyes and looked at the floor. "Naya, she didn't make it." He looked at me and bit her lips to stop himself from crying.

"W-What?" I felt tears in my eyes and sobbed. "No, no, that can't be truth."

Selena started crying and nodded. "Yes, s-she died last night. The surgery lasted 12 hours a-and s-she didn't make it."

"Oh." I looked at the floor and shook my head. "I-I didn't get to say g-goodbye. She d-died thinking that I-I hated h-her."

Selena hugged me. "She knew you loved her Naya."

I shook my head. "N-No, I broke up with her, I-I was a bitch. No...this can't be happening. No. Oh god no...No!" I stood up as fast as I could and throw the first thing I saw and hit the window breaking it and making a cut in my hand.

"Naya...Naya calm down." Selena whispered.

"I-I lost the love of my l-life. She's d-dead. And she died thinking that I h-hate her. She was the one for me and she's dead! I left her alone! She's fucking dead!" I fell on the floor and sobbed.

"Naya?! Oh my god baby." My mom dropped to her knees and hugged me.

"S-She's dead m-mom."

"I know baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"W-Why wouldn't you tell me about this? Why didn't you tell me? I'm your daughter."

"Demi asked me to not say anything, she didn't want you to suffer baby."

"Well...look at me now, mom." I looked at my mom and shook my head. "I loved her mom."

"I know baby, I know." She hugged me and sighed.

This cannot be happening.

***************

I closed the door of my room and threw all my things to the floor as I usually do, but this time, with more force since I was mad and broken. Demi died. My Demi died. That stupid surgery didn't work. And I'm not blaming my mom at all, it's not her fault, neither was the doctor's but...I just thought that maybe they could make it work. That my Demi was going to live and now, she's dead. I couldn't even see her, she's still in the OR, Selena is been calling me and even Demi's mom is calling me, I just can't talk to anyone and it's not to be mean, but I just can't, I don't think I can find the right words, I can even find the words to describe how I'm feeling, for a moment, i couldn't stop crying and yelling and I guess I'm so tired, that i can't even do that anymore, all I feel is that my heart is broken, my eyes hurt and my head is about to explode. I can't really understand what's happening, it all happend too soon and it wasn't fair. I looked at the necklace on my neck, it has the ring that Demi gave me, I hold onto it and feel tears on my eyes. There are the tears again. I sighed and bit my lip. I walk to my bed and lay down, I hug Demi's favorite pillow and rest my head on it, it still smells like her. How would I be able to live without her?

***************

"I don't know where she is, Nick, I'm trying to call her but she won't answer." I heard Selena saying desperately.

"She's ok, Selena."

"I know she's not, if we are not, how can she be?" I could hear Selena's voice break, she knew her before I did, they were best friends, of course Selena was going to be broken.

"Hey guys." I whispered.

Selena turned around and looked at me. "Naya."

I looked at her and shook my head. "I'm so sorry."

Selena shook her head and bit her lip. "Don't."

I walked to her and hugged her as tight as I could. We were both broken. We needed each other now. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm so sorry too." Selena sobbed. "We lost her...I can't be strong anymore."

"W-We have to. That's what Demi would've wanted." I looked at her again and smiled a little.

"Naya." I looked up to Demi's mom and she extended her arms, I walked to her and hugged. "Oh baby, I should've told you, it was wrong to keep this from you."

"She had her intentions. I just wish I could've spent her last days with her."

"She knew you loved her, love." She looked at me and smiled a little. "Do you wanna say goodbye before they take her?" I nodded. "Go ahead."

I walked to the room that was Demi's and sighed before opening the door, as I opened the door, I saw Demi's lifeless body laying on the bed. She looked so peaceful like if she was sleeping, but I knew she wasn't. I closed the door behind me and walked to the chair beside the bed, I sat down and took Demi hand, she was so cold, she was never cold, she was always warm. I kissed it and sobbed.

"Oh baby. Why didn't you tell me? I wouldn't have done what I did. I hurt you, I left you, I can't forgive myself for that. I should've let you talk, we could've talked and fix everything like we always did, we always communicated but I let my jealousy take me and I'm so so sorry." I sobbed. "I-I love you and I-I'll miss you." I looked at her. "How would I be able to survive without you? You promised me you wouldn't leave me this soon." I sighed. "I guess I deserved it because I left you first and I was so stupid. I could've hold you, I could've of kissed you, I could've told you how much I loved you. I could've spent the last days with you, but instead I hurt you in the worse way when I promised I would be there for you and I didn't." I sobbed again and cried even more. "I'm so sorry, I love you, I love you so much, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry." I laid my face on her arm and let all my feelings out.

I should've been there for her.

I'm sorry, please don't hate me🙁😂