05

Clary and Jace had left the room for a 'Private' talk, ew.

Izzy was stood with a big grin on her face looking at Amelie who was getting a bit freaked out by this as she spoke up "What are you smiling at?" Izzy didn't reply she just grabbed Amelie's arm and dragged her out of the room and down the hallway, she started to slow her tracks as they got closer to his room, Amelie knew what Izzy was trying to do and she was trying to pull away but Izzy had a strong grip.

'Oh great let's have a field trip to Alec Lightwoods room yippee'

Izzy knocked on the door forcefully as Amelie stood with her arms crossed and a very unamused look on her face. Alec opened the door wearing his usual 'Excuse me, why are you talking to me' look, "Listen Izzy just give me a sec-" he stopped in his tracks as he looked up seeing Amelie who rolled her eyes and held one of her hands up "Don't even ask grumpy cat" Alec was stunned he'd never seen Amelie in a dress, he'd never seen Amelie look this stunning.

He pulled himself together eventually.

Izzy shoved past her older brother dragging Amelie in with her, Amelie looked around Alec's room, she hadn't been in there since their argument, she walked over to his picture wall when she spotted it, her favourite picture of all time the picture of her and Alec from her 16th birthday a month before she left.

••••

Amelie was in the garden area out behind the institute, she had promised to herself that by the time she was 16 she would have climbed the biggest tree at the institute, the biggest tree in New York.

She'd made it to the top filled with pride but the she looked down and muttered "Oh shit that's a long way down, a very long way down, well done Amelie you planned this one amazingly "

That's when Alec walked out to the garden looking for her "Ammy?!" Amelie called out "Um I'm here" he followed her voice to the tree and looked up at her "So you finally did it huh? You finally beat the tree!" He laughed as she cut him off by shouting down "Just one problem Lightwood, I'm kinda stuck" Alec burst out laughing thinking it was some sort of joke until he realised.

She was indeed stuck at the top of the largest tree in New York City.

Jace walked out as he shouted up to his younger sister "You finally did it Amelie, you made it up th-" Alec cut him off "She's stuck" they both burst out laughing as Amelie spat down at them "Piss off laughing you idiots and help me or I swear to almighty God I will kick both your asses into the next century!"

Alec rolled his eyes and laughed as he started climbing up the tree to her, it took him a good 15 minutes, even with the help of his agility and speed rune, but he got to the top and sat with her and smiled "Well finally Lightwood" she rolled her eyes and hugged him tightly, he hugged back "Now don't say I never did anything for you Ammy" she pulled away and smiled "Well this is probably the best present I've ever received, getting rescued by Alec Lightwood" they both laughed as he helped her down from the tree.

15 minutes later and they returned back on land, Isabelle and Jace waiting for them smirks on their faces.

Amelie was on Alec's back, so izzy being Izzy whipped out her camera and took a photo of the two smiling together.

••••

Amelie smiled to herself whilst thinking back on the memory, she had completely zoned out and hadn't realised Alec and Izzy trying to get her attention.