06

Clary had just finished drawing a pentagram to summon the memory demon when Jace came up behind her "Nice work" she turned to him with a warm smile in which he returned.

Amelie was stood staring out the window over the city, the image of that circle member dying by her just staring at him was replaying over and over again in her mind. Her thoughts were interrupted by Izzy walking up next to her and linking her arm with Amelie's "Hey, are you okay?" Iz flashed a concerned smile at Amelie who nodded "Yeah why wouldn't I be?" Iz looked her up and down and sighed "It's okay to feel something Amelie" she smiled once more and hugged Amelie tightly.

Alec was watching the interaction as he smiled.

••••

"Everyone hold hands and don't let go no matter what" Magnus spoke loudly as he held both of his hands out, izzy and Alec taking them.

Amelie was on her way to go and hold onto to Izzy's hand when Alec grabbed her hand and smiled, Jace took his sisters free hand, Clary taking Jace and Izzy's hand.

Clary shot Amelie a smug smile, as Amelie mouthed 'desperate' to the redhead then flashed her classic smile.

••••

"The demon wants payment, each of you must spare a special memory of the one you love the most" Magnus' voice was hard to hear over the demon's roaring.

Izzy was first with a memory of her brother Alec.

Next was Clary who shared a memory of her mom Jocelyn.

Amelie's memory was of her older brother Jace.

Jace followed straight after, but his memory was something none of them were expecting, his memory was of Clary.

Amelie felt betrayed, as though her heart had been ripped from her chest.

Clary smiled at Jace, he looked at clary then at Amelie, Amelie blanked him, he turned back to Clary and returned a smile, only this time he wasn't to sure about it.

It was Alec's turn, his memory was of Amelie, she was smiling and laughing.

Alec shouted from above the noise "No it's not true!"

Amelie had once again felt betrayed, only this time her heart was ripped out and thrown on the floor and trampled on.

"The demon has deceived me!" Alec shouted whilst trying to pull away from the group, but Magnus and Amelie had a strong grip on him, Iz tried to calm her brother down over the noise and frustration "Alec it's okay" she smiled but Alec was having none of it he kept trying to tear away from the group and eventually he did, sending everyone flying back hitting the walls, leaving the memory demon,Valak, free and extremely pissed.

Magnus did his best to contain the demon but nothing was working, the demon was lashing out.

During its temper tantrum the demon grabbed Jace and engulfed him in his strong grip.

Amelie's heart stopped as she ran over trying to pull Jace away from the demon, but the demons grip on Jace was far to strong.

Izzy and Alec joined Amelie helping her pull Jace from the grip of the demon whilst Magnus continued using his magic to try and tame Valak.