Chapter 4: Don't Leave | Pt. 1

Previously
"How did life ever come to this..?"

~~~

The tears in your eyes blur your vision as they begin to slowly roll down your cheeks. You don't know how to stop them. You try tissues but the tears don't stop. You lock your bedroom door and cover yourself with blankets and pillows for the rest of the afternoon, covering your face with tears.

"L/n! Time to eat!" Your father's voice reaches your ears, making you slowly wake up. You accidentally took a nap while you were crying.

You step out of your bed and run to the nearest mirror to check how you look. "At least it's not noticeable.." you think as you walk down to the kitchen to see freshly cooked food with everything set up. "They made f/f too? That's awesome!!" You want to jump with excitement, but you act mature and take a seat, making the most quiet squeal you can.

"What are you waiting for y/n? Eat up!" Your mother faces you with an apron on and a smile.

"It would be nice if you two wouldn't watch me eat; it will make me uncomfortable. Can't we eat together like before?" You give your parents puppy eyes, ignoring their suspicious behavior towards you. They walk up to the dining table and sat with you.

Once you start to eat they do, too. That's when it finally hit you: "why are they acting so kind to me? It's kind of creepy.." you didn't want to make the situation worse you you keep quiet, picking up your pace.

When you finish eating you run straight to your room and slam your door. You lock your door and sit on your bed. "Their vibes are creeping me out. Who do they think they are anyways? Were those people even my parents?" Questions fill your mind as you forget everything else going around you.

"Oh. Y/n!! We're going to talk to your teacher about this tomorrow!!" That statement from your mother's mouth made you snap out of your trance.

"What?!" You nearly scream. It was only your first day in E-class and they want to talk to your teacher already?!

There's no response. "I guess I'll have to just let it happen.." you lay in bed and accidentally fall asleep.

You wake up with drool and a few strands of your hair stuck to your face. You look at the clock, "awake earlier than the alarm.. great, just what I needed today." You roll out of bed and stand up.

You do your usual morning routine: eat, shower, change, do your hair and brush your teeth. There's nothing weird about it, but you've been feeling uncomfortable the whole time. Shrugging it off, you grab your bag, keys, and phone, walking straight to school without saying goodbye to your parents. Luckily you're walking distance from the school so you don't have to go on a train or bus.

"Shoot! That's what it was!" It finally hit you. What made you feel uncomfortable was your parents coming to see your teacher. What confuses you is which one.

You calmly walk up the mountain to where E-Class is, noticing others also walking towards the run-down building E-Class students attend. "Hey, Maehara!" You call as you run up to him.

"Oh! Hey y/n!" Maehara smiles at you like he does only towards you and Isogai.

"Is it okay if I ask you something?"

"Go ahead!"

"Has Isogai changed since I last saw him?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course not!"

"Oh, haha.. sorry if I weirded you out or something."

"It's okay, I mean, you're probably just worried that he'll treat you differently aren't you?"

"H-how'd you know?!"

"I have my ways," Maehara laughs as you walk back to your seat when class begins.

    | A/N: sorry for a short chapter ;;; I didn't have a schedule on when I'd edit this so it isn't as long as the previous ones. Next week I won't be able to guarantee a chapter but I'll post one as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay!!