Chapter 6: Head Over Heels

Previously
"Not this again," you force a smile and sit back down, preparing yourself for something different, a very long question with the next person-- or maybe people-- who come through the door.

~~~

"Ehh? Isogai? Why are you here?" You tilt your head in confusion as you watch him take a seat next to you.

"To check how you're feeling of course!" He smiles at you, but it slowly turns into a frown. "Do you not want me to be around?"

"N-no! That's not what I meant when I said that!!" You go into a slight panic as you feel your heart start to pound, making you blush slightly. "What is this feeling in my chest? He's just a friend, I don't like this feeling one bit!" You think as you smile purely at him.

"Alright, here are the notes from the classes you've missed so far," he hands you the notes from class. "Where in the world did this come from?" You begin to wonder. "Y/..n? Are you alright, you look startled," Isogai asks, concerned.

"I'm fine, thanks for worrying, though it's nothing at all," you look at him and grab the notes. "I need to get my lunch," you quickly stand up and rush to the classroom to get your food.

"Haha wait for me!" Isogai catches up to you and pulls a chair buy your desk to eat with you.

"Yay! Lunch!" You beam happily as you start to eat your food.

"You sure like food y/n," Karma says towards you.

"Of course! It's the best thing ever!" You state boldly with food in your mouth.

"Now I'm wondering if you like it so much, how are you not fat?" Karma teases.

"H-hey!! That's so rude!" You growl at Karma and slowing down the speed of how you eat.

"Karma, no more," Isogai stops the two of you before anything gets worse.

"Don't take anything I said seriously, alright? It was a joke! I swear!" He laughs.

"Idiot," you send him a glare before you continue to eat. "Sorry about that, Isogai," you nervously laugh, your mood changing right away.

"I-it's fine, y/n," his stuttering catches you off guard. You don't ever remember hearing him stutter.

"Well, I'm gonna do practice with you guys before I leave for today," you sigh, quickly finishing your lunch and placing it aside.

"You're skipping classes again?" Isogai asks while looking into your eyes, causing you to blush and look away in embarrassment.

"Yeah.." you nod in response with hesitation in your voice. You may not realize it now, but Karma saw this and went straight to Rio. "Huh?" You look around to see Isogai walking back to his seat.

"It was fun eating with you, y/n," he turns and smiles before taking a seat.

"You didn't even eat..." you murmur before resting your head on your head. "What to do... what to do..." you shut your eyes for a second before realizing how bored you are without having someone to chat with.

"Was I too cold towards him..?" You wonder, blinking a few times before fixing your posture. "What am I thinking?!" You pat your cheeks a few times before you look down at your desk. "What if he starts to ignore me?" Questions fill your mind as you become more and more frustrated. "Ugh!" You jump out of your seat, clenching your fists as you storm out the classroom. "Can't I just have ONE normal day here?!" You nearly scream, running outside and beginning to do laps around the school to take your mind off of Isogai.

In realization of what you are doing you stop in your tracks and sigh. "There I go again.." you sit down and plant your chin on your knees, your hands wrapping around your legs. Your face goes red from embarrassment as the situation repeats in your mind. "How many laps was that? Eight..? No, nine.. maybe ten?" To your surprise, you ran more laps than you thought you could in thirty or so minutes... in a skirt.

"Definitely not going back to class," you declare to yourself as to look in front of you. "Oh! This is where they do their practice!" You grin as the breeze goes by, calmly hitting your face. You relax and lay down, closing your eyes so you won't have to look at the sun. Without knowing, you take a nap right there and now.

You wake up to see your classmates surrounding you. Your first reaction is to stand up. "What?" You snap at them."

"Nothing. We were just watching you nap for the past few minutes," Karma speaks up, standing right in front of you with a phone in hand.

"Did you do what I think you did," you growl.

"Mm'hmm, you look very cute when you nap, did you know that?" Karma teases. You tackle him in attempt to take the phone from his grasp but he easily pushes you off and raises the phone high in the air. "Take it.. if you can."

"Delete it!!" You jump up and grab his wrist, pulling it down with you. With your other hand you snatch the phone and speed of a few meters before looking at him. You guess the password to the phone a few times until it opens and go straight to deleting the photo.

"Aww come on y/n lighten up a bit~!" He laughs with a glint of anger in his eyes. You walk up to him and hand him his phone back

"No. I'll give you one more chance. Take it too far one more time and I'll break your pretty little face off," you glare at him before he runs off.

"If you can catch me, that is," he chuckles.

"Y/n I don't think breaking his face is a good thing," Isogai walks up to you worriedly.

"I know that. He just needs to think before he acts," you look at the ground. The classmates surrounding disappear, leaving you and Isogai standing by each other.

"I've never seen him like that before," Isogai says.

"Are you talking about the look in his eyes?" You ask, looking into Isogai's eyes as you speak.

"Yeah. You saw that too?"

"Why wouldn't I, he was looking right at me."

"Oh yeah," he nervously laughs.

"I... should get going," you end your conversation before it gets deep and walk to class to get your bag.

"Wait, y/n," Isogai runs after you and grips your shoulder. You whip your body around to face him with your bag in hand. "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"Not really," your voice is hard and cold, coming out the opposite of how to want it to. "Sorry, I just.. don't want anyone to get involved. Don't worry though, I'll still be me and you'll still be you," you smile at him before skipping home, leaving him in the classroom all alone.

| Sorry for such a short and late chapter! I wasn't able to post last week because I was sick and couldn't have my phone and laptop. I promise the next chapter will be longer in anyway possible!