18 ↝ good ideas & not so good ideas

Mackenzie Ziegler
26 June 2017

•••

When I pull in at the beach house I'm surprised. Mom and Meredith must be out, because there's no cars inhabiting our driveway like there normally is–aside from mine of course.

Cutting off the ignition, I grab my purse of the passengers seat and prepare to walk the steps up to the house. When I walk in the door however, I'm surprised.

Johnny and Lauren are on the couch, facing away from me, with their arms around eachother. Weird; They're always fighting, so something must have happened and now they've made up. I try to quietly walk into the kitchen, emphasis on the try– it doesn't work. Being my clumsy self, I drop my purse and everything inside spills out. I wince, and blush beet red. Now they know I'm here.

"Hi Kenz." I hear Lauren greet, surprised like.

"Hey. I'm home!" I say, and then cringe at myself. Well no shit sherlock– of course I'm home!

"No kidding." Lauren smiles, turning to face me.

"Very funny." I say sarcastically, bending down to retrieve my purse.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Johnny walk out of the room; and my heart sinks a little. Why is he so hell bent on ignoring me?

"So Kenz..." Lauren starts, and I'm aware of her tone instantly– oh no. Am I in trouble?

"So Lauren..." I mimick.

"Johnny and I were thinking that because it's the last week of the holidays–" ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Just get to the point." I interrupt cheekily, realising that she won't blurt it out for a while.

"Well Mer and Mel are out of town for the night, and they won't be back until Tuesday noon, so we were thinking of throwing a party. I mean, we don't have to but it's one of the last nights–"

"Okay." I shrug, not seeing the big deal. "As long as it doesn't get too wild I guess."

"Really?" She asks, smiling.

"What do you mean really? I'm not that much of a goody good." I giggle. "Maddie still has to agree though..."

"Oh she does." Lauren smiles with a cheeky glint in her eye.

"How did you get her to agree?" I question incredulously.

"She was the one who came up with the idea."

•••

[397 words]

Wow ;) A party? Guess whats going to happen! Also, please vote if you enjoyed x