15. Run Away

"Come get me, it's important."

This one's for you, How I Met Your Mother fans.

• • •

You were sitting on the couch of your apartment, feeling lonelier than ever. You had always wondered where everything went wrong with your love life. The other day, it finally hit you:

Sean.

Sean was an ex of yours from years ago. You met at a wedding and had this instant connection. He wasn't a normal, average guy... He was this extraordinary, unique person who you wanted to spend the rest of your life with.

You had both lived in Ireland for the longest time, but when he had decided to move to Brighton, everything just changed.

You told him you didn't want to go to Brighton, and he had explained he was doing it for the sake of his career. Sean was a YouTuber, he went by Jacksepticeye.

He was going with or without you, and when you refused to go with him, he had packed his stuff and left.

You were heartbroken, but you made the right choice to stay! All of your family and friends were here, your job was here.

You two had dated for almost a year before he left. It's been almost two since you've ever heard or seen from him.

Until today.

A number you didn't recognize was calling your cell. You didn't recognize the area code, but you knew it wasn't from Dublin.

"Hello?" You answered.

"(Y/N)?" A familiar voice said back.

You couldn't believe your ears.

"Oh my God... S-Sean?" You replied.

"Oh my goodness, you kept the same number!" Sean said happily. "I'm so glad you answered."

"What? Why?"

"Come get me," Sean said. "it's important."

"But you're all the way in Brighton!" You said.

"I'm not, I'm actually in Dublin for a wedding." He replied.

"Oh, wow!" You said, getting flashbacks of how you and Sean first met.

"I'm at the old church on Abby Street. I'll be waiting."

"Oh, uh yeah! I'll be right there." You said, excited. You got ready. You took a quick shower, put on light but noticeable makeup, and straightened out your hair. You put on a shirt Sean had given you that said Septic Cutie on it with blue ripped jeans.

You put on your Adidas as well as a white cap that said Vibes on it.

You did a few poses in the mirror before you headed out the door and into your car.

You knew exactly where you were going. Sean was at the church where you guys met. It had a lot of meaning to you. You couldn't help but wonder why he decided to contact you after two years of being broken up...

You pulled up to the church, seeing him sitting on the empty steps. He was in a really fancy suit and tie. He noticed you right away and ran. He hopped into the passenger's seat, breathing heavily.

"Hey, you." You said softly. He looked at you and grinned; "Hey. I missed you."

"You did?" You asked, surprised.

"Yeah. A lot." He said.

You began to drive back to your apartment.

"So, who's wedding was this anyway?" You asked. There was a long period of silence before Sean finally said;

"Mine."

You slammed your foot on the break, causing the both of you to jerk forward.

"What?" You said, almost angry. Sean signed;

"While I was in Brighton, I met a girl. She was great, but... she wasn't as great as you... When she chose the church where we first met to get married I just knew it was a sign."

You didn't say anything.

"I shouldn't have left, (Y/N)." He continued. "I should've stood here with you. However, with my career on the line, I just couldn't... I'm sorry."

"It took me forever to get over you." You finally said.

"I'm still not over you." Sean had said.

"So what do you want to do?" You asked.

"We can drive. Let's just drive wherever the roads take us and be together. We were made for each other, (Y/N). Let's just run away." He said, grabbing your hand.

You smiled so big and wide. You couldn't be happier right now at this moment.

"Let's do it. Let's run away." You said.

With that being said, Sean leaned over to you and laid a soft kiss on your lips. It wasn't too short, but it wasn't too long either.

It was just perfect.

"I've always loved you, (Y/N). It's always been you."

"It was always you too, Jackabean." You said, calling him by his old nickname. "I'm so glad you called."

You drove into the sunset, letting the roads guide you.

• • •