with every touch you fixed them // burglar au (ryden)

Brendon's not sure what's more pathetic: the fact that some guy on the Internet paid him two hundred bucks to steal back a PlayStation from an ex-boyfriend, or the fact that Brendon, being Brendon, somehow managed to fuck it up.

It's not even like he got caught, either—he's never gotten caught. He's very good about not getting caught—he always picks an empty house and he always makes it out of there in fifteen minutes or less and he never makes a huge mess or leaves fingerprints or anything else that could incriminate him.

No, this is even worse. He broke into the wrong house.

(And, honestly, fuck these houses. Fuck these fucking quaint suburban neighborhoods and their quaint suburban sameness, as Dallon would say.)

(Not that Dallon would have anything to say about this particular situation—he has no idea about Brendon's...other job.)

Anyway, it turns out Brendon mixed up the address, and by the time he realized it he was fifteen miles from where he was supposed to be, in a house that not only has no PlayStation, but no video games of any kind to speak of. The TV isn't even plugged in—and actually, now that Brendon thinks about it, that might take the cake for most pathetic thing about this whole scenario.

Well, whatever. Shit happens, right? So he screwed up. He might as well make some lemonade out of these lemons.

(one more for tonight cuz why not)

random ass idea i came up with but brendon breaks into ppl's houses!  (not really for himself lol ppl pay him to do it for like revenge and stuff but sometimes he gets cool things out of it)

anyway he breaks into ryan's house (probably on accident bc bren's a dork) and he's about to do his burglar thing except he stumbles upon ryan unconscious in the bathroom (drug overdose) and he's like shit i can't just let him die--

so he calls 911, effectively turns himself in for breaking and entering but ryan finds out in the hospital and ends up paying his bail.

and then it turns out they get along really well!  tho of course ryan's all like why do you break into ppl's houses and brendon's like lol i'm broke and i got fired from my old job but it's cute and whatever and brendon does, eventually, get an actual job.

(dallon is brendon's roommate)

(pete totally asks brendon to steal mikey's playstation)