the lovers, the dreamers, and me // variety show au (multiship)

(this is highkey based on the muppet show)

(don't judge me)

(i was reading a fic about the panic split only instead of recording v&v right away brendon and spencer ended up helping the muppets get back on their feet and it was so sweet i almost died)

(also watch the video, best cover of bohemian rhapsody 1783888/10 i'm not even sorry)

(anyway)

so the whole thing is pete's idea but patrick's the showrunner, because patrick's the closest thing to a kermit this show's got.  he's also musical director, and he's 30000% done with everyone, because everyone on this show is a fucking moron.  (except andy.  and joe.  and travie.  and hayley.  but yeah.  everyone else.)  pete's fozzie bc he's the one with all the bad ideas but he's also the host of the show, so he's kind of like kermit in that respect i guess?  (idk it's a muppet au.  don't judge me.)

brendon's basically scooter (the dude with kermit at the end of the video), basically meaning he gets hired as a gofer because his uncle owns the theater (and patrick's not looking forward to babysitting this kid, but it turns out brendon's got a hell of a voice even if his help isn't always appreciated, and they need money to pay for rent, so they need all the help they can get.  (patrick could do everything himself, but there's no way pete's letting him work himself to death, because a) he needs patrick and b) a cranky patrick is not a fun patrick.)

most everyone is a performer in some capacity.  gee works sets and costumes, ryan's in charge of costumes, joe and spencer switch off being stage manager, someone's running the cafeteria in the basement, etc.  there are shenanigans and hijinks.  performances go horribly wrong.  they get heckled and walked out on for all their weird experimentation at multiple points.  on their best days, they're amazing.  they're talented.  they bask in the glory of having multiple celebrity guest stars and there is probably drunken making out in the backstage area.

but then things start to go downhill and the show starts to fall apart and eventually after a five-season run fraught with difficulties, they must say their goodbyes and part ways.

(of course, things aren't always that simple.)

(cue foreclosure, some greedy asshole trying to buy up the property and a young fanboy (fangirl?) convincing pete and the others to start the show again)

(relationship drama ensues)

(patrick is the hardest one to convince)

(it all works out in the end)

(don't judge me i know i'm lame)