Chapter 4 - Thunderstorm

Rainbow Dash's POV:

A few days have passed since Applejack and I made up. She moved back in and we've had so much fun. Life's great! Although, my weird thoughts and dreams about her haven't changed at all. I hope it's just some random I-think-I'm-in-love-with-my best-friend type of phase. I'm sure it'll be over soon.

AJ went for a walk with Rarity this morning and hasn't returned since. I wonder what they're doing. Is AJ having fun? Is she having more fun with her than she does with me? Did they really go for a walk or did they go do something else? Is Rarity in love with Applejack? Is Applejack in love with Rarity? Are they flirting? Crushing? Dating? In lo-

"SNAP. OUT. OF. IT" I yell at myself. "Jesus Christ what is going on with me?! I can't be in love with my best friend. She's clearly not gay and neither am I... right? UGH"

I get out of my bed and decide to talk to Fluttershy about this. I'm sure she knows what I'm going through, especially since it's pretty obvious she fancies Rarity.

Wait, no! I can't. She's gonna see what a big softie I am. I can't ruin my reputation.

I decide to go look for them. Not because I'm slightly jealous but because I wanna hang out with them. I decide to go to the pond and start searching there.

I walk for about 5 minutes and as I get closer, I hear familiar voices.

"Oh, darling. Are you sure it's a crush?"

"Yeah.. well I think it is. Not sure"

It's Rarity and Applejack.... talking about a crush. I'll admit, I am feeling a bit jealous but it's for the best. I don't wanna get my hopes up.

"Hey, guys" I say.

"OH! uhm Rainbow Dash! What are ya doing around here" AJ responds.

"Well... I decided to go for a walk. What about you?" I say, lying.

"Yeah, us too"

I sit in the log, next to her.

"Yeah... so anyway, can you be my partner for the rock climbing wall thingy? You're pretty strong to hold me up" I ask, looking at Applejack.

She looks back at me and starts saying, "Uh ye-" but something stopped her. We sat there in silence, staring at each other. I start noticing how gorgeous those lime green eyes of hers are, and how cute the freckles on her cheeks are. I can feel the wind brushing on our skin and see her shiver. Luckily, I have a sweater wrapped around my waist.

"Hold on" I say as I get up and take my sweater off of me. I put it around her back.

"There you go" I say, smiling.

"Thanks" she replies. I can see a bit of pink forming in her cheeks. It's pretty adorable if I do say so myself.

"It's getting a bit chilly. I'm going to start heading to my tent. See you guys later" Rarity says, smiling at Applejack.

"Well we should start heading back as well. Come on, Dash. It looks like it's gonna rain soon" says AJ.

"Yeah, you're right" I respond as we start getting up and make our way back.

--

"Attention, everyone! Please remain inside your tents. A strong storm is due any minute. There's a high chance of winds up to 70mph. Make sure to keep yourself safe. We will let you know when it is over. Come get a first-aid kit, please!" says Celestia loudly as we got back from the pond.

"Geez.. 70mph?! Now that's somethin' to be worried about. I'll go get us a kit, Dash. You can go inside" says AJ as she walks towards Celestia and Luna.